Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically it won’t be a total rebuild. I think Tosun, Gylfi, Delph, Kenny are out of contract and El Ghazi and Donnie go back.

On top of that I’d try to move on Mina (love him but..), Gomes, DCL and Gbamin.

Even losing those 10 we’d still really only need 3 to replace them CB, CM, and CF.

We have made minimal wage savings over the course of the season, with players like Hamez, Digne leaving, but also adding players.

This summer we of course shed quite a few more and I could argue that the savings would potentially offset the loss of USM, but thats just money saved over a year, its not money in the bank, yes it could potentially mean a signing, but as I say, the USM loss is an issue.

Currently, we potentially have the Kean sale, if Juve do us a solid and pony up this Summer, IMO any other Ins will be have to be paid for by Sales.

Im sure there is a degree of wiggle room, but whilst this Burnley/Leeds story is a desperate attempt, it MIGHT shine a brighter light than we already have on us.

We will spend money this Summer, but I personally think we will need to sell somebody we dont wish to to really do things, as you say.

Yep

Unlike Lukaku and co, im okay with it as well. I really do think we need not so much a rebuild, but a clear reset of style and for me, both Richy and DCL dont play well together so if we get a good offer for one that allows us to actually make some moves for technical footballers then i'd accept it.

We will obviously be in a healthier position than last season financially, it's just how much healther is that is a question none of us have an exact answer to.

Not sure you understand Deadwood.

Also why would we sell Gray? Unless just for a large profit due to the fee we paid but he’s certainly a useful Player to have in the team.

We don't but if someone makes an offer then we do. He certainly should not be a starter imo. He is a poor player who has a low ceiling level and what you have seen this season is what you get with him, its flashes and starts. He is a bench player and no more going forward, same as Coleman imo.

Exactly.
The lad cost 1.25m. He's chipped in with goals and assists. Did you see his reaction after he sent in the inch perfect free kick for DCL's goal? He was delighted
We do need an overhaul as my 44year old heart can't take another season like that however we still need decent squad options and Gray is certainly one of them

Players like Gray are perfect for a rebuild, we can’t just get rid of everyone at once. He’s reliable and a decent player. He struggled in the second half of the season but he strikes me as a player that needs to be enjoying his football. A pre season may do him the world of good. He will start some games and start some on the bench, I’d keep him. He has a moment of magic in him.

Was going to say that cross for the winner is something Gordon couldn't do and fans love him

No way Gray goes. Neither will Michael Keane. We will likely lose DCL or Richarlison. Selling Mina would be the sensible thing to do, and I think Allan and Gomes will likely go too. Plus all the lads out of contract obviously.

Deadwood = Players who have outlived their usefulness and are unproductive.

Keane = Donkey
Gbamin = Major injury issues
Kean = Already one foot out the door
Gomes = Donkey
Allan = 1 year deal, high wages, not in team
Gray = Only effective on the counter.

Really want Darwin Nunez though
Same as Gray, looks good when he has a lot of space in front of him to run into.

How poor does Gray look when hes closed down? Nunez would need to play on the break.

Some of the best signings over the years were the ones we enearthed from the lower leagues and gave them their chance. Stones, Baines, Cahill, Jags, Lescott etc...

In the Premier League now you see Bowen, Benrahma, Watkins, Eze etc being given their chance.

Those that haven't worked for us are signing overrated players who have already peaked. Williams, Bolasie etc and paying way over the odds in both transfer fees and wages.

So this summer, I really hope we make decent money if we sell Mina, Richy etc but rebuild by delving into the league below and giving talent from there a real chance. Players that are hungry, low risk and more realistic wages.

I think he’s one of the few big earners I would try to keep given how good he is. Give him the full Ledley King treatment if need be.
Yeah but it means we need another CB potentially if we get rid of any of our current ones that aren't him (and we should tbh, they're not... great), to cover for someone on massive money playing 10 games a season.

Pros/cons should be weighed if we have options for a consistent player to come to us instead, imo.

I had forgotten Ledley King existed ahahaha

Freebies…realistically we can sign 2/3 useful players there.

The only Zat post I'll make this Summer:

I would sell one of Pickford, Richy or Dom personally not because I want to but I’m just worried about the club financially. Richy for the higher fee and the fact I want to see him lift trophies.

GK: Pickford, Begovic, Tyrer
CB: NEW, Godfrey, Keane, Branthwaite
LB: Mykolenko, Nkounkou/LOAN
RB: Patterson, Coleman/LOAN/FREE
CM: NEW, NEW, Doucoure, Davies, Warrington, Price
CAM: Dele, Iwobi
LW: Gordon, Gray, Dobbin
RW: NEW, Townsend
ST: DCL, NEW, Simms

I think we’re desperate for some left-footers. Quite a few CB’s in the Bundesliga I’d go for that aren’t expensive, few in France, Sutalo at Zagreb will be brilliant, I like Rob Dickie at QPR. I think we need a proper number 6 now like Anton Stach, Kylian Thuram, Grillitsch, Yangel Herrera (City loan farm), or a punt from a lesser league like Ladislav Krejci from Sparta Prague. A good technical midfielder with an engine like a Tommy Doyle, Nico Seiwald, Djibril Sow, O’Riley at Celtic, Alex Scott (Bristol City), Jason Knight, Tommy Doyle, Swift, Hamer (Coventry) etc. I like Johnson from Forest and the lad at Hull but think a left-footed RW is needed too: Ludovic Blas wouldn’t be too pricey, there’s a decent winger at Bodo/Glimt whose name escapes me. Striker? Well I’ll assume here DCL stays so it needs to be a cheap backup from the lower leagues/abroad: Brereton Diaz, Semenyo, lad from Luton, I’m a massive fan of a young German striker called Shuranov. If DCL leaves I would love someone like Ivan Toney up there.

Shopping in the PL, by and large, should be off the table. We just can’t afford it.

The only Zat post I'll make this Summer:

I would sell one of Pickford, Richy or Dom personally not because I want to but I’m just worried about the club financially. Richy for the higher fee and the fact I want to see him lift trophies.

GK: Pickford, Begovic, Tyrer
CB: NEW, Godfrey, Keane, Branthwaite
LB: Mykolenko, Nkounkou/LOAN
RB: Patterson, Coleman/LOAN/FREE
CM: NEW, NEW, Doucoure, Davies, Warrington, Price
CAM: Dele, Iwobi
LW: Gordon, Gray, Dobbin
RW: NEW, Townsend
ST: DCL, NEW, Simms

I think we’re desperate for some left-footers. Quite a few CB’s in the Bundesliga I’d go for that aren’t expensive, few in France, Sutalo at Zagreb will be brilliant, I like Rob Dickie at QPR. I think we need a proper number 6 now like Anton Stach, Kylian Thuram, Grillitsch, Yangel Herrera (City loan farm), or a punt from a lesser league like Ladislav Krejci from Sparta Prague. A good technical midfielder with an engine like a Tommy Doyle, Nico Seiwald, Djibril Sow, O’Riley at Celtic, Alex Scott (Bristol City), Jason Knight, Tommy Doyle, Swift, Hamer (Coventry) etc. I like Johnson from Forest and the lad at Hull but think a left-footed RW is needed too: Ludovic Blas wouldn’t be too pricey, there’s a decent winger at Bodo/Glimt whose name escapes me. Striker? Well I’ll assume here DCL stays so it needs to be a cheap backup from the lower leagues/abroad: Brereton Diaz, Semenyo, lad from Luton, I’m a massive fan of a young German striker called Shuranov. If DCL leaves I would love someone like Ivan Toney up there.

Shopping in the PL, by and large, should be off the table. We just can’t afford it.

We haven't got the money for half of these

O'Riley for a kick off is a 20m player

Go outside Jimbo

Status
Not open for further replies.