Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
good.. make them pay up, we can get 3 players in for the money we pay for pickford (one a good standard goalie with potential) then it's how we should have been doing business for years.
Should be how it is.
Play hard ball. They want him? Come and pay. If he does go, we. We need to demand top money for him. Like £75m+ kinda money.
Ridiculous amount. But if somebody wants England's #1, and at the moment arguably the best shot stopping keeper in the league, then you gotta pay.
That kind of money gets us a new keeper and a CB.

Should be how it is.
Play hard ball. They want him? Come and pay. If he does go, we. We need to demand top money for him. Like £75m+ kinda money.
Ridiculous amount. But if somebody wants England's #1, and at the moment arguably the best shot stopping keeper in the league, then you gotta pay.
That kind of money gets us a new keeper and a CB.

A new starting keeper, a new starting CB and a promising CM

This is exactly what I'm getting at. I know he's been great, but there is something that doubts his ability to remain dependable. I worry he is on a great streak right now, it doesn't take long for it to go back to how it was.

Even if it's not a streak, we should be looking at the keeper who is going to challenge him for the number one slot in a year or 2, and bbuying them for 1/3rd of what we sell pickford for.

I will be sad the day he leaves us but I reckon it will be more likely that Richy goes.

Also, it might be a strange couple of windows coming due to the world cup being in Nov/Dec this year. There will no doubt be a flurry of bids in the Jan window off the back of performances.
I think that might be the reason we keep hold of Pickford & Richarlison and in the same light sell DCL.

If you look at the only teams Pickford could move too in the PL, the only one i could think of is possibly Spurs........but would he oust the captain and a keeper thats actually been very good this year in Lloris?
Arsenal have invested in Ramsdale, Chelsea have Mendy, Utd have bigger problems than GK & the 2 best clubs in the league have the 2 best goalkeepers.
Would he risk a move to Spurs were he may not start the season?

Same goes with Richarlison, would he be best being a big fish here instead of possibly being in & out of a side elsewere and risking losing his spot in the national team?

DCL has lost his England spot it seems, so he has nothing to lose, the move could invigorate him or in the case of if he moves to Arsenal, get him an automatic spot based on which club he is at

I know he’s very raw but I like that Nketiah, me. Told my mate I thought he’d tear it up at Leeds, which he didn’t, but he’s rediscovered some form and I think there’s more to come.

He’s a lively lad. A front three of him, Richy (if he stays) and Gordon would be a terror for a lot of defences.

Of course, I’m sure there are bigger clubs (including Arsenal) in for him, but I imagine he’d know he’ll get games here so that could sway it for him.

Of the players who do get minutes when fit, I'd sell these.

Keane - Truly awful
DCL - Need a footballer not a wannabe male model
Coleman - Should have been replaced a long time ago
Kenny - Not good enough
Rondon - Not good enough
Mina - Injuries

I would have had Iwobi but he's changed my mind and shown a real fight in him.

Need some major changes and show some faith with the manager.

Keane - Truly awful
Kenny - Not good enough
Rondon - Not good enough
Mina - Injuries

Not meaning to have a pop at you directly here but I just don't get this train of thought. I think it's the right time to sell DCL because I agree with @Eggs assessment that muscle injuries like he has could be a massive issue for him going forward. I don't care if he goes to male strip clubs or snorts coke off a womans butt in his own time, I solely care about what he does on the pitch. If he wants to wear a skirt for a fashion shoot, ok, that's weird but whatever. I'm pretty sure everyone has something that others would look as being a bit "odd". I guess he's just saying he's comfortable in his own skin.

Id nearly hang onto to DCL for another season to be honest, given his performers and injuries this year he's not at what we could get for him at top market value and be a pain to replace. Unless someone comes in and gives us something stupid.

Wouldnt be opposed to flipping Tosun 's squad place and looking at someone like Batshuyi on a free, who has worked with Frank or id go hard for Nketiah if he decides to leave Arsenal who is also on a free, Brereton Diaz is also on a free meaning wed have DCL, Rondon and another. While we could focus likely limited funds we have for the summer elsewhere.

Theres risk in both selling and keeping DCL.

Batshuayi i dont think is good enougb

Nketiah isnt someone who will take us forward

Brereton Diaz has a year club option

Providing we stay up, I would love to see the following revolution take place:

Out:
Mina, Alli, Rondon, Townsend, Kean, Gomes, Gbamin, one of Holgate/Keane, Allan

Out of contract and released:
Sigurdsson, Kenny, Tosun, Delph, Lonergan

That's 13 players out, but only really four who need directly replacing (Allan, Mina, Keane, Delph), and an absolutely monumental saving on wages.

In:
1x explosive winger
1x physical and athletic centre half
1x deep-lying centre midfielder
1x creative central midfielder
1x striker
Townsend has a long term injury so wont go

Not sure why Dele would go

Keane has to go for me especially given the West Ham links.

Bizarre to keep him and move on Mina.

I think it will be Keane and DCL who are cashed in on and hopefully that will give a reasonable budget. I would've put Iwobi in that list 3 weeks back but in fairness he's fitting well into the system now although still not convinced he could play at this level for 30 games next season but it's a start at least.

Need to hang onto likes of Richarlison at all costs but if he goes another difficult season in store next year.

Lampard has decent connections now, I'm sure like of Tammy Abraham and Tomori would love to play for him again one day given he was the manager who gave both a proper go at Chelsea but that's a few years off given they're both doing well in Serie A.

Billy Gilmour more realistic but hasn't done much at all for Norwich.

I notice Tariq Lamptey hasn't played much at Brighton in recent times....wouldn't that be a really exciting signing for RWB given the Chelsea link.

Keane needs to go at all costs

Mina should be seen as a 'bonus' player if he stays...we need a full suite of centre backs + hes an additional bonus as rarely fit.

Weve got Patterson so no need for Lamptey.

Abraham and Tomori are loving life at Milan and Roma...they would also cost massive money.

Keane - Truly awful
Kenny - Not good enough
Rondon - Not good enough
Mina - Injuries

…from what I understand, Kenny’s contract is up so it shouldn’t be a matter of ‘selling’ him. Beckham was a decent footballer who did a bit of male modelling, so I wouldn’t equate the two professions.

Not meaning to have a pop at you directly here but I just don't get this train of thought. I think it's the right time to sell DCL because I agree with @Eggs assessment that muscle injuries like he has could be a massive issue for him going forward. I don't care if he goes to male strip clubs or snorts coke off a womans butt in his own time, I solely care about what he does on the pitch. If he wants to wear a skirt for a fashion shoot, ok, that's weird but whatever. I'm pretty sure everyone has something that others would look as being a bit "odd". I guess he's just saying he's comfortable in his own skin.
To be fair I was probably being a little over the top with DCL. I also forgot to add Tom Davies as he's just never kicked on

Status
Not open for further replies.