Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinions and all that, but despite his struggles this season I think Gilmour is one of the best prospects I've seen in recent years.

If Lampard is going to transition us to playing out from the back through midfield much more next season, we'll need players who can do it and he's tremendous at it. We would 100% need another centre mid too with more physical presence though, I absolutely accept that

I think given the Lampard links - he gave Gilmour his debut and played him a fair bit - and Gilmour's contract status, he's one that seems plausible
The Norwich fans think he lacks physical presence and got knock off the ball far too often. Do we want someone with no physical presence in the middle of the park?

The Norwich fans think he lacks physical presence and got knock off the ball far too often. Do we want someone with no physical presence in the middle of the park?

I take your point. The lad is small, but there are plenty of exceptional players down the years who've not had much about them physically but made up for it with their quality. Plus, he's only 20 - he can still improve physically. He's an inch taller than Kante FWIW.

We aren't good enough to have an entire team of lightweights, but if you surround him with the right players you can easily compensate for it. Plus, worth noting that it's probably a v tough gig for a player like him in that Norwich side given the amount of defending they need to do.

I take your point. The lad is small, but there are plenty of exceptional players down the years who've not had much about them physically but made up for it with their quality. Plus, he's only 20 - he can still improve physically. He's an inch taller than Kante FWIW.

We aren't good enough to have an entire team of lightweights, but if you surround him with the right players you can easily compensate for it. Plus, worth noting that it's probably a v tough gig for a player like him in that Norwich side given the amount of defending they need to do.
Think we lack height in most of the positions anyway. If Frank wants him I have no complaint.

Well Mina, Delph and DCL are all in the spine which i was talking about.

Palace also shifted alot of players last summsr.

Who then? He looked pretty good for Lampard at Chelsea and for Scotland.

Yes, i wanted Guimaraes since 2 seasons ago.

Another one to watch is Kamara at Marseille...on a free this summer.

Tchouameni would have been ideal but his value has skyrocketed.

Neither are 'playmakers' though. They would be pure DMs.

Hes an attacking midfielder...I wanted him years ago but we dont use the 10 and have Dele for that role if we did.

Colwill and Gilmour?

With Gilmour only having a season left + we can only register 2 loans at any one time from different teams.
Oh I did t know you couldn’t have 2 from the same team, there’s Gallagher as well we should be trying for if he’s available for loan next season, that’s if we do stay up though.

We've always sold our best players, mate, even when we were winning titles. Difference now is I don't trust the shower that runs the club to replace them properly.
Well yeah, i guess that was my silent point. We sold Rom and Gana and replaced them with utter dross.

We can't sell Pickford and bring in a dumpster fire, which our board has shown will be the case

Status
Not open for further replies.