Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not sign someone on the back of 80 minutes in the biggest game of his life.
Nah, he has been one of their better players this season, he is a proper leader at the back. West Ham want him though as do Leicester so he wont be coming here whatever way.

We need a clear out and would need to spend a fortune again to replace the bulk of the squad.
We have nothing to offer New players.
Who would want to come here with this squad, with an unproven manager, over a West Ham Southampton or Crystal Palace right now.
We have too many poor players on lucrative contracts that wouldn't leave.
Our better players wouldn't recoup near enough cash.
Our youth system isn't producing anything steady or sensational enough to be of worth.
Going down would obliterate us.
Staying up doesn't yield any hope either as reckon we are in for more of the same next year.
What a time to be a blue.
But we have had good times I suppose.

Today has sucked what little optimism I had left as a blue.

Even a shiny new stadium doesn't make supporting us any better right now.

A proper chore.
A depressing, yet wholly accurate description of our predicament.

Sell the lot,

I would maybe keep

Pickford
Patterson
Braithwaite
Godfrey
DCL
Gordon
Ali (only because I watched him a lot at spurs and Mk & he was the best youngster i've seen, but I do have my reservations).

Richarlison can be sold to reinvest in the new squad, the worrying part is the 7 I would keep i'm not even that sure on.

Depends on what league we are playing and he sounds very 'at home' at Palace

Why would he come to us? we don't have the silly wages to offer now?

Lampard was his idol growing up. That may not mean much to some but players have been known to choose to want to play for their idols.

Best example i could give would be Essien rejecting us to play under Paul Le Guen.

Lampard was his idol growing up. That may not mean much to some but players have been known to choose to want to play for their idols.

Best example i could give would be Essien rejecting us to play under Paul Le Guen.

Can see your point, but the romance of the game has gone years ago, its just Sky money, stupid wages and trophies now

He will stay in London, play well for two years then either go back to Chelsea (probably have a buy back clause) or to Arsenal

Can see your point, but the romance of the game has gone years ago, its just Sky money, stupid wages and trophies now

He will stay in London, play well for two years then either go back to Chelsea (probably have a buy back clause) or to Arsenal

The Arsenal approach of spending money on highly promising young players is working out well for them.

Its a model we've dipped our toes into but not been committed with -- with Thelwell i think we'll follow that model.

However, I think Lampard is somewhat reticent to play the young players we have now and so there needs to be a full focus on sticking with the strategy over a season.

Its close to impossible they will be as poor as the guys on the pitch.

Assuming we go down, we rise from the ashes with no fannying around. Look at numbers, not flavour of the month and buy in every department. All players should be mid 20s tops and hungry as hell. I'm not expecting miracles, I'm just expecting 11 men to die for the shirt.

GOALKEEPER
Pickford goes and his replacement is Lee Nicholls (Hudd, most clean sheets in Champ) or Wes Foderingham (Sheff, highest shutout rate amongst first-choice stoppers)

DEFENCE
Biggest area for me.

Holgate, Keane and Mina go (thank phluck, THANK PHLUCK and meh, respectively) - Godfrey and Branth are our main pairing at CB, but we also draft in Sean McLoughlin (Hull) and Marvin Ekpiteta (Blackpool). Both are currently averaging the best rate of blocks for players under 28. Maybe also Aden Flint on the cheap - he's 33 this summer but has a mean header, and we've sorely lacked a Dave Mackay-type sage at the back for too long.

Coleman retires or gets catapulted, Kenny becomes our full-time RB and we dredge someone from the academy as backup if we are unable to get Jayden Bogle - why not since we're down anyway. Still on the fence about Lenks, but we need a backup LB as he's still going to make stupid mistakes in the Champ. Look no further than Cardiff's Ryan Giles, who has the most assists for a LB right now and is only 22 years old.

MIDFIELD
Gomes, Allan, Doucs leave. No real misses except Allan. Guess Davies has to slot in somewhere, anyone's guess who else comes in, but Sander Berge is defo a consideration - ditto John Swift. This will take years to sort though.

Gray and Gordon must stay if Ev are to have any chance of going up within three years. Not too concerned over this, as we've not had decent delivery from wide on a consistent basis.

That said, Josh Bowler is still just 23, and is the leading right-winger in dribbles (2.7 per game) on Champ away games. Sure wouldn't hurt to have Viktor Gyokeres on the left as backup / a sub. He's proper good for Cov and the only reason they're anywhere near the top six.

STRIKERS
DCL and Rich go obviously. Maybe go hell for leather to buy Alex Mitrovic with the parachute money, depending on how humpty Silva is feeling these days and if he plans to splash on anyone better after Fulham's latest romp to the Champ title.

Alternatively, depending on promotions, Dominic Solanke or Karlan Grant, who both have PL experience. Wouldn't say no to Ben Brereton-Diaz from Blackburn either - they've tanked with him being out of action lately.

That list took me about 20 mins to compile and I've got diddly squat for it. Lampard is getting paid god knows how much, so I'm sure he can do better than a schmoe like me right..... RIGHT???!?

Status
Not open for further replies.