Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he didnt.

Gordon was poor (exhausted) but felt Eze went missing a bit too.

You're right that I havent seen enough of him, and goals is a simplistic measure, but I'm not sure hes been a roaring success yet.
I agree he seems to be a media darling player. A few nice dribbles and bits of skill, but not
Much end product. I know he’s had an injury, but 5 goals in 47 is not great and he turns 24 next month. He’s only a year younger than richarlison.

I'm all for signing younger players, just as long as we don't overpay.

The squad, like the budget, will have to be balanced.

Creativity is the key word. We will have to have funds put to one side for loan fees and wages, and the same for any potential free transfers.

But its a lot better than handing out lucrative contracts to washed-up has-beens.

Would anybody be interested if I complied a list of all the players linked this window?

It would require people to tag me in and I would update the list.

I suppose we would also have to agree what kind of links we included, ALL of them or only 1s with good sources, but then that opens up the whats a good source discussion, which would lean me towards having ALL.

If theres interest I will do it later, if not, I wont.

Hit me up fams.

Theres a list for Zat, its a shame hes got me on ignore, he would like that list.

?
Knight would be a really shrewd acquisition for the club. A League 1 player should cost nothing relatively speaking.

Eze was fantastic, as opposed to Gordon who was crap in that game, and I’m a Gordon fan. Olise didn’t play as he’s injured.
No he wasn't. Typical flair player with little end product.

Gordon tired towards the end of the season but he's improved a lot this year.

Eze was fantastic, as opposed to Gordon who was crap in that game, and I’m a Gordon fan. Olise didn’t play as he’s injured.
You've only got to watch Eze on the ball for a couple of minutes to see that he's got quality, and I think he'll add the stats that everyone craves if he can avoid another serious injury next season.

I pretty much never watch the Championship if I can help it, but Johnson and Spence looked the part when I saw Forest in the FA Cup (I believe Spence isn't much of a defender, though).

Signing players from relegation fodder is a massive part of why we are crap.

Joel
Alcaraz
Mcarthy
Siggy
Williams
Kone
Bolasie

All signed from relagated or struggling teams and we got nothing back fanacially for them.

Pickford worked out
Then we have
Godfrey
Keane
Rondon

Which we may recoup some money

Players playing at the bottom are normally crap, that’s why they are there.
Sometimes someone stands out and is on the up ( Pickford) but usually this is not the case.

Filling the squad with these type of players is a receipe for disaster which is made even worse when they’re on massive contracts
Too much of a generalisation, there are good players in relegated teams. That West Ham team included carrick, Defoe, James and di canio.

Status
Not open for further replies.