Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know where you are coming from, but he has a presence about him that I think we are sadly lacking, bullies defenders, a bit of snide.
Our current lot are the biggest load of snowflakes I've ever seen.
I agree about your assessment of the issue.

I disagree that the solution to that problem is to buy a striker who historically doesn't score in the Prem. We've already got Maupay.

Short term is fine if it's free, in a position of need and makes an impact.

Short term is not fine if it costs £12m and sits on the bench.

There's quite a range between the two. I'll happily take Gana on a free, even if we only get nine months of meaningful work out of him.

Nothing so far indicates PSG will let him come here for free.

Dunno what people are panicking about because it's obvious that Calvert Lewin is going to score two goals per game for 32 games once he's back.
Haven't you heard mate? Neal Maupay's here to save us, he's apparently going to magically score twice as many as his previous best season.
Saint maximan should of done everything to sign him or zaha we lack players like them exciting can score from nothing and get at players.
Both vastly overpriced.

Bed.

At the start of the window, if Chelsea had offered:

£25mil
+ Gallagher
+ Broja

I'd have put that as a £90mil deal.

If true, it would be massive and totally clear up our FFP / P&S issues.

We'd be able to bring in a couple more players quite easily on top of that.

Then next summer we have funds for Kean and a few others to sell as well.

Gordon would need to become a Maradona/Gazza/Kanchelskis hybrid to achieve such a valuation.
There is no way that is real

Nope. The only sides that might struggle will not be stuggling because of their squads, but other factors.

If we look at some of the other squads:
- Palace = weak squad but excellent core of players and well drilled in a certain playing style.
- Brighton = see above.
- Villa = probably the strongest squad in terms of personnel outside the big 6. Gerrard might not be up to much as a manager, we don't know yet. But the squad is good.
- Southampton = Poor squad last year but have bought a lot of good young talent this year. Their issues are whether they gel quickly enough and if they can address the fact they've always been streaky.
- Fulham = decent squad for a newly promoted side. Silva has them well drilled and seems to have finally found a way to make Mitrovic useful in the PL.
- Forest = bought a load of mostly talented players. Certainly have squad depth. Their issue will be if they can gel quickly enough.
- Leicester = A good squad but hamstrung by lack of funds. That's likely to change after silly money they got for Fofana.
- West Ham = Decent squad. Not amazing. Very Moyes style. Unspectacular with a few really good players thrown in. Typical Moyes thing of having a really poor start once every few seasons. They'll be fine.
- Wolves = Not the best squad but they have loads of talented players in their XI.
- Newcastle = similar make-up to West Ham. Solid PL players with some class thrown in.
- Leeds = have bought brilliantly and turned their squad round really well in one window. Still need a striker really if Bamford can't stay fit. People quick to slate Marsch but he has them playing a style that is more sustainable than Bielsa's, likely resulting in fewer injuries and fewer absolute hammerings.

Then there's us. A weak squad anyway. Virtually no forwards. Awful injury record. Can't find a system that works for us. Lots of mentally weak players (though FL and KT are clearly trying to address that). Even if you bring in those on your list - and I like most of those players - we will struggle.

As it stands, Bournemouth will finish bottom and we will be in a fight with Fulham, Southampton and Forest to stay up.
If we bring in the lad from ajax gana and garner get dacoure fit aswell. First that gives us alot more options at cm and more system to adapt in games. Second i am sure lampard will want another forward then adding maupay and dcl to the mix again that is more options that we have had all season. Every game this season we have had a week squad dont think any of the other teams this season has had the bad luck we have had.

At the start of the window, if Chelsea had offered:

£25mil
+ Gallagher
+ Broja

I'd have put that as a £90mil deal.

If true, it would be massive and totally clear up our FFP / P&S issues.

We'd be able to bring in a couple more players quite easily on top of that.

Then next summer we have funds for Kean and a few others to sell as well.

Gordon would need to become a Maradona/Gazza/Kanchelskis hybrid to achieve such a valuation.
Gallagher is a very good player but looked far better at Palace than he has at Chelsea. He will face similar problems in our system as he does under Tuchel.
If he leaves he would better returning to Palace than coming here.
Broja is not yet good enough to displace Calvert-Lewin and seemingly doesn’t play wide so would just be exchanging Chelsea’s bench for ours and I would prefer someone who can play alongside as well as cover for Calvert-Lewin
Gordon is worth more to us than both those players combined.

Pretty sure I'm older than you. Also not impatient, I'm just going off the latest PSG reports: PSG stance and the fact despite being available to leave weeks and weeks ago they still won't let him cancel his contract.
If he was available to leave weeks and weeks ago, he wouldn't still be there. Paris WERE after around £8m (and maybe still are), but we haven't paid that so far - suggesting we are confident we can get him for substantially less. You're staying opinion as fact.

Apologies if I guesstimated your age inaccurately. Just a feeling I got from your posting style.

Status
Not open for further replies.