Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest anyone replacing Mbappe is a massive step down. Could really see PSG offering salah silly money if he still hasn’t signed his new contract that has got less than 18 months to run.
I think Liverpool will throw whatever at salah. And maybe plan to sell Mane, though with being 6 months away from a pre-contract I do t see many teams throwing big money at Liverpool for him at 30. And he won’t accept a much smaller deal than salah.

And he and his agent probably knows psg will give him 400k a week on free

Richarlison is not a particularly good team player though.

He works hard for the team every game, I dont buy that he isnt a team player.

HOWEVER, I get the view in a way though. He looks miserable if he's not the one who scored which drives me a bit crazy sometimes. I know he wears his heart on his sleeve so when hes frustrated it shows, but sometimes we score and he does seem annoyed he hasnt been the one who scored (See Keanes goal v Leeds). Could be many reasons. Personally I think he aspires to be the leading goalscorer and has been so frustrated as of teh last few months he just wants to be bagging and bagging.

£70m would get you a world class striker. DCL is not a world class striker, therefore I don’t see anyone paying that for him. Teams aren’t as desperate for home grown players as the media would have you believe, most of the top teams can fill their quota twice over with academy players.
If reports are to be believed then Arsenal and West Ham both baulked at our asking price for DCL. Ultimately it’s about how much he’s worth to Everton. We don’t have to sell although if he started to agitate for a move then he‘ll most likely get his way.

If reports are to be believed then Arsenal and West Ham both baulked at our asking price for DCL. Ultimately it’s about how much he’s worth to Everton. We don’t have to sell although if he started to agitate for a move then he‘ll most likely get his way.
Not too dissimilar to Moyes valuing Declan Rice at £100m plus. He's worth a lot more to WHU than to other teams! It's the way the system works nowadays.

Would bite your hand off for £70m for DCL when you could go and get a couple of players like Nunez and Golovin with the money

With FFP extra effort should me made to try and get a couple of decent bosman’s like Mazrouai, Kamara, Ginther etc

Slow af also

I've been totally shocked by how out of his depth he looks. Positionally absolutely brutal, given the ball away almost every time he's been in possession, as you say looks extremely slow. Just a big, powerful lad, with extremely limited ability on the ball and indeed without it. As poor a performance you'll ever see at this level.

I've been totally shocked by how out of his depth he looks. Positionally absolutely brutal, given the ball away almost every time he's been in possession, as you say looks extremely slow. Just a big, powerful lad, with extremely limited ability on the ball and indeed without it. As poor a performance you'll ever see at this level.

Let's add he can't judge a simple fighted ball also to his repertoire. Awful.

Judging by tonight's performance, thank God we never got Dumfries in the summer. Absolutely awful. All athleticism no ability.

Slow af also

I didnt watch the match but he really is just a powerful big athletic player who has limited technical ability.

Has flopped in Italy after 95% of the forum wanted us to sign him. I was one of the voices against it.

I predict that Patterson will be a far superior player.

The same goes for Mykolenko. This summer i think Lampard will really have to focus on CB and CM.

From playing under top managers in the past im hoping hes learned to strengthen the spine of the team as soon as you come in.

We need 1 CB and 2 midfielders...

I didnt watch the match but he really is just a powerful big athletic player who has limited technical ability.

Has flopped in Italy after 95% of the forum wanted us to sign him. I was one of the voices against it.

The same goes for Mykolenko. This summer i think Lampard will really have to focus on CB and CM.

From playing under top managers in the past im hoping hes learned to strengthen the spine of the team as soon as you come in.

Could even be 2 cb aswell

While it is nice that we didn't sign Dumfries lets not pretend like some of your suggested RBs wouldn't have been equally disastrous.

We definitely need more than 1 CB. This summer it'll be tough to get more than that but I think we need approximately 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.