Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adams is not for sale. Broja is not being made available. Might this change in 7 days? Maybe. Can we risk delaying to find out? Not for me.

Brereton-Díaz can be had. Pedro can be had. Maupay can be had. Dembele can be had. Assorted Ligue1 reserves can be had. Kaladzjic can be had. There will be others.

At some point the club have to make some actual decisions including on Gordon otherwise we will paint ourselves into a corner and run out of time. We have done that more than once before in the Kenwright “good times”.

Wheres the formalwear money bill?

Firmly in the pocket of the formalwear I suspect. Whoever seems to get appointed to communications roles at Everton never really seems to get it do they. Why post "We can confirm that we are actively pursuing transfer targets in support of our Manager's efforts to develop a competitive first team squad" when they can tell us all that the small number of our remaining first team squad no longer need to buy their own trousers from Burtons or Top Man. ?

It's weird mate,I genuinely think the biggest problem we've got with evaluation on our young players is the Rooney effect.

We brought through a generational talent, a complete prodigy of a player at 17 and lost him a year later, if you don't measure up to Rooney now you're written off, no end product - despite the fact his numbers compare favourably on his first season with sone of the best in the past 30 years (Ronaldo, Lampard, Gerrard, Giggs).

And if you look for signs of progression in a player - the signs are there already this season, last year he was either not getting in shooting positions or a ? x of missing the target or making the wrong choice. This season already hes shooting A LOT more and also hitting the target regularly, that's a clear sign of coaching and confidence having it's initial impact, I reckon it's only a matter of time till the next step on that curve us him starting to slot regularly.

Pretty sure Chelsea have broken down these stats too and see a clear trajectory of improving in an area he was lacking

What do professional managers, their coaches and their analysts know though mate. when GOT is packed to the rafters, with experts on every single aspect of elite football ?

Wonder what the xg is for those shots on target. Suspect very, very low. A lot of pot shots, can’t remember us creating many good chances. Someone posted on the Iwobi thread that he’s created the most chances in the prem excluding set pieces - it’s meaningless unless we’re creating good chances to take shots from, same as the above.

Fact is, we’re creating little of quality because we have few/no quality creators.

Sod it, i'm calling Gary Goals.

Screenshot 2022-08-25 at 16.27.03.png

Status
Not open for further replies.