Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can only get one more domestic loan and better it be Broja than Gallagher imo. Any deal for the other would have to be permanent. Gallagher could be part exchange but that has potential to muddy the water in doing deals we need to get over the line. Would be fine with Gallagher to Toon if we got Joao Pedro.
Yeah, understand that, and if they have sanctioned Broja then all good. But if Gallagher is allowed to go but Broja isn't then we should have first option surely. We shouldn't really be coming out of this with neither.

I have to say I'm quite surprised by everyone (Including me?) expecting Everton to have everything done and dusted early. We never EVER finish doing business till 22.59.59 transfer deadline day. It will be exactly the same this year. We won't go with what we've got though as that would indeed signal our demise. We will bring in players of varying degrees... It will be just enough to get us to safety again but I guarantee Mosh is not bothered by league position ....as long as its above 17th. The days of getting excited by signings or building a squad to compete are seemingly dead. Stay in the league so he can sell up and recoup his money when the stadium is built.

I really like the look of Broja but on loan it just doesn't appeal. He's still very much a work in progress and by the time he comes in we're maybe looking at him only actually being available for about 30 games considering he wouldn't be able to play against Chelsea. As a purchase i'd be very happy but on loan not so much, I'd rather someone ready to make an instant impact.
I agree. Loan doesn't do that much for us - Broja is all about the potential but in terms of current ability it would not be too hard to find someone as good in the market. The whole upside is developing him over the next few years, not doing it for one year on Chelsea's behalf.

Gallagher you get much more of a finished player who can make a difference right away, much harder and more expensive to buy that sort of player so a better loan option.

Yeah, understand that, and if they have sanctioned Broja then all good. But if Gallagher is allowed to go but Broja isn't then we should have first option surely. We shouldn't really be coming out of this with neither.
Think the player might have a say in where they go.

Status
Not open for further replies.