Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ok, we're THAT good that we can just write off a sixth of the season and still have a successful campaign. Look at how good we were last season, and the scorers of 90% of our goals from 2021/22 won't have participated in a single game for us by the end of the transfer window. That's some high, high confidence in the players by the board.

Gray 5, Gordon 4, Keane 3, Dacoure, Holgate, Iwobi 2, Davies, Mykolenko, Rondon 1. So that's 21 goals last season from players who've already played.

Using your stated stat of 90% of our goals last season came from players who won't have played by the end of the window. It means we scored 210 goals last season mate.

Find it amusing why people have to outright lie to try make a point

I'm sure the club are trolling me. I've had two emails from them today, one about Saturdays game and one inviting me to watch Everton Ladies at Walton Hall Park. Both times the email alarm went I had to find my glasses and open the mails n the vain hope that we had signed a centre forward.

I'm sure the club are trolling me. I've had two emails from them today, one about Saturdays game and one inviting me to watch Everton Ladies at Walton Hall Park. Both times the email alarm went I had to find my glasses and open the mails n the vain hope that we had signed a centre forward.
Funny that, I had an email off the club asking me if I could play centre forward.

I think/hope when Aubameyang goes to Chelsea then Broja comes to us.

Lampard has seen him up close and will know all about him...

...good enough for me.
I really like Broja and think he's got loads of potential, but why would Chelsea sell/loan him out when they'd only have one striker in Aubameyang?

Surely we are hanging on for something that just won't happen? We'll be waiting until Chelsea secure 2 CFs and there's no guarantee they will achieve that.

Gray 5, Gordon 4, Keane 3, Dacoure, Holgate, Iwobi 2, Davies, Mykolenko, Rondon 1. So that's 21 goals last season from players who've already played.

Using your stated stat of 90% of our goals last season came from players who won't have played by the end of the window. It means we scored 210 goals last season mate.

Find it amusing why people have to outright lie to try make a point
It's just hyperbole to drive the point home. And the point is our two biggest attacking threats from last season haven't been involved in games so far this season. One has left us, the other injured and huge question marks over his future fitness.

….logic suggests we’re waiting on somebody but what’s the dependency?

Chelsea bringing another striker in;
Everton raising funds with a sale

if it is Broja we must’ve been given some certainty we can get him but I had my doubts when he came on against us in the league game.

imponderable.
Who’s been playing up front for Chelsea so far?
I know it was sterling against us, but he’s never a striker.

Would assume Aubameyang is a Lukaku/Werner replacement and they’ll still keep Broja as backup.

If Aubameyang signs and they sell Broja they only have one recognised striker in their team.

Thing is about Broja, I can see the logic with waiting knowing Chelsea don't 'really' want him, so wait and you'll get him especially if the player and his agent have given the nod in private to Lampard, but then they come in for Gordon and if we don't want and don't sell do Chelsea get a titty lip and say no deals with you

I really like Broja and think he's got loads of potential, but why would Chelsea sell/loan him out when they'd only have one striker in Aubameyang?

Surely we are hanging on for something that just won't happen? We'll be waiting until Chelsea secure 2 CFs and there's no guarantee they will achieve that.
It's a big gamble also if you are waiting for a forward surely it should be someone with a more proven record? We waited for Guroud a few years ago and I could see that even though again we were caught short when his missus blocked it. Broja has undoubted potential but the reality is he a twenty year old with six goals to his name las season? Even if he comes in on deadline day there's no guarantee he will be able to just lead the line and hit the ground running straight away. He could easily come here and flop, we need two goal scorers for me. We also still need more creativity we have stripped the team of James, Sig(his own fault but still not replaced), Bernard, Richy and Digne in the last two seasons we are now relying on players we would have considered squad players in the past to score and create and the board sit there like that gif with the dog at the table drinking a cuppa while the house is on fire. The strategy if there is one baffles me.

Last edited:
Everton could have a chance of securing the signing of Espanyol and Spain striker Raúl de Tomás if they put in a sizable offer to the La Liga club this summer.
That is according to journalist Pete O’Rourke, who was speaking to This is Futbol about the Toffees’ potential transfer business, heading into the final few weeks of the summer transfer window.
Frank Lampard is in desperate need of a striker this summer, with the club having sold last season’s top goalscorer Richarlison to Tottenham Hotspur, whilst Dominic Calvert-Lewin has suffered a training injury, ruling him out of the opening games of the season.

Thing is about Broja, I can see the logic with waiting knowing Chelsea don't 'really' want him, so wait and you'll get him especially if the player and his agent have given the nod in private to Lampard, but then they come in for Gordon and if we don't want and don't sell do Chelsea get a titty lip and say no deals with you

…I’m more thinking of when we had Zouma as Plan A and Tomori as Plan B but then Arsenal came in for David Luiz on Deadline Day and Lampard wouldn’t let either of our targets go.

Waiting can be a dangerous risk to take.

It's just hyperbole to drive the point home. And the point is our two biggest attacking threats from last season haven't been involved in games so far this season. One has left us, the other injured and huge question marks over his future fitness.

No need for hyperbolizing mate, roughly half our goals the players are either sold or injured atm.

Whst we've brought in is not likely to do muh besides replace the goals for the people they've displaced (not replaced).

Clear as day we need three players added who can score 5-10+.

Striker to compete with DCL, striker/forward who is an option off the bench and a box to box midfielder who scores not the ones we like to get like Iwobi, Allan, Dacoure who are lucky to hit 2-3 a season

Status
Not open for further replies.