Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
My original point is that the opposing 3 CM players will get the better of our 2 in the majority of cases. Villa played a diamond affectively 4 CM against our 2 with little help from our wingers who were covering WBs and not CM.

The quality of player is irrelevant because we don`t have that and probably never will so a good coach will find ways to overcome these issues through tactics/formations etc, we don`t seem to do that.
I’m really hoping we are looking to move to a more traditional 3 5 2 where we have a midfield 3 with one playing more advanced behind of the 2 strikers. The width is supposed to come from the wing backs so I am not sure why we are persisting with a front 3 and leaving the CM’s exposed.

Why do we never unearth these gems ?
We were in for him, along with a lot of other clubs. Although not an expensive transfer apparently there were a lot of aspects of the deal that made it difficult to do but Brighton had the upper hand as they'd had previous dealings with the same Ecuadorian club.

Marsaille looking to sell Milik, he has scored 30 in 55 for Marsaille. Hes 28, so depending on the price it could be a good option.

According to journalist Karim Bennani, Everton have been offered the chance to sign Marseille striker Arkadiusz Milik in the remaining weeks of the transfer window.

Bennani tweeted: “OM would have proposed Arkadiusz Milik to several European clubs.

“Among the clubs surveyed there would be Everton, Manchester United or Juventus Turin.”

I think we were already at stage where we needed two attackers in (pre Dele and Gordon situation)

Throw those two ‘potential outgoings’ and then we need four in…never going to happen imo, and even if it does then what are the odds on them all hitting the ground running? Such a risky strategy.

I can see us being ‘solid’ ish defensively…can we keep enough clean sheets and sneak the odd goal to win some points whilst the window closes/signings bed in…

Feels forest is a very big game already Saturday. Losing the first three games off the back of last season is just confirming peoples worst fears.

Saturday is a big game deffo and going into it still with no striker other than Rondon would not be a good look. Lets see what the side looks like at the end of the window. We did look a lot better when Rondon and Onana came on last week, but does Rondon still have 90 plus mins in him?

Still plenty of points to play for.

Marsaille looking to sell Milik, he has scored 30 in 55 for Marsaille. Hes 28, so depending on the price it could be a good option.

According to journalist Karim Bennani, Everton have been offered the chance to sign Marseille striker Arkadiusz Milik in the remaining weeks of the transfer window.

Bennani tweeted: “OM would have proposed Arkadiusz Milik to several European clubs.

“Among the clubs surveyed there would be Everton, Manchester United or Juventus Turin.”

Injured often.

I’m really hoping we are looking to move to a more traditional 3 5 2 where we have a midfield 3 with one playing more advanced behind of the 2 strikers. The width is supposed to come from the wing backs so I am not sure why we are persisting with a front 3 and leaving the CM’s exposed.

I think that could work for us, with mykolenko and patterson as wing backs but what do we do with all our wingers? Gray, McNeil, Townsend, Gordon? do we try and play them centrally in the midfield 5 or as a second striker?

I think that could work for us, with mykolenko and patterson as wing backs but what do we do with all our wingers? Gray, McNeil, Townsend, Gordon? do we try and play them centrally in the midfield 5 or as a second striker?
I think Gordon is off, Townsend could do the wingback role, McNeil can play in field, we have seen Gray in the 10 but may be kept as an option of going to 3 forwards.

Injured often.
He will fit right in then...
hes missed 15 games in 2 seasons for Marsaille and still managed to play 55 times and score 30 goals, not terrible. For me its about the fee and how its structured. If we pay £17m that is quoted and its £10m upfront and the rest is paid periodically after he has played a number of games then I think its OK.

Given how much noise has been made about our interest in him all summer, it'd be proper 'Everton that' if we didn't end up bringing Broja in lol

I think Gordon is off, Townsend could do the wingback role, McNeil can play in field, we have seen Gray in the 10 but may be kept as an option of going to 3 forwards.
Fair enough, personally I wouldn't want to see Townsend as a wingback, I dont think he is very good defensively. I think he could play AM or SS, so he can score those goals from the edge of the box.

He will fit right in then...
hes missed 15 games in 2 seasons for Marsaille and still managed to play 55 times and score 30 goals, not terrible. For me its about the fee and how its structured. If we pay £17m that is quoted and its £10m upfront and the rest is paid periodically after he has played a number of games then I think its OK.
We could do a lot worse than sign him although I doubt we will. He and DCL could alternate injury spells which would work perfectly!

NEW
Posted at 13:2713:27

Fulham open Maupay talks​

Brighton striker Neal Maupay has garnered interest from Fulham with the club reaching out to open talks about a loan move.
However, Brighton want to do permanent business as he is in the last year of his current deal.
Nottingham Forest have also registered their interest in the forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.