Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually listened to the Bobble's podcast. What is unforgivable is that, at the time of recording (Wednesday morning) we are not doing any more than looking at what's available in terms of forwards.

You'd have to imagine, with everything going on, that Dele and Gordon will not be playing against Forest. Gana (might) be done in time for the weekend.

So we go into a vital relegation 6 pointer with midfield options of: Iwobi, Onana, Warrington, Davies and maybe Gana.

And forward options of: Rondon, Gray and McNeil.

I have NEVER seen anything so ridiculous in all my time following football - even at Everton. It's madness.

What was actually said regarding Sarr and Terrier etc?

I want 4-3-3

I want a left footed CB next to Tarkowski.

I want Patterson to bomb on, whilst Myko is more defensive.

I want a holding midfield who can tackle anything and resist the press. (Gana/Garner)

I want a box-to-box midfielder next to him who does it all. (Onana)

I want a more attacking central midfielder to get into the box. (Gallagher)

I want a right winger who can tuck inside, pull full-backs away from Patterson and slice teams with balls into the box/through passes (McNeil)

I want a left winger who is fast, can score goals and can beat a man. (Terrier/another)

I want a striker that can occupy defenders, who can hold the ball up, knock the ball on, can slot chances. (DCL/Broja/Moffi)
Screenshot_20220817-220137_Samsung Internet.jpg

They'd get 25%, that's it and what they agreed to. Can't have it both ways that if he was crap for us but made 100 apps that they'd get £40m without us being able to do the inverse of it. What if he broke his leg the day after he signed, they wouldn't have any say in that just because he couldn't appear.
I just can't see that at all. Levy is no mug. Yes he got him off their wage bill but we haven't paid them a dime to then get a €6m profit?

In the US i believe that you wont have downright false rumours in the media about sports players @TheBigIguana @RAFUH may be able to confirm that.

Probably in case theres lawsuits?

In England, those phone lines were theft.

Speaking of theft...£50mil for Gordon would be pretty close to that.
Look up the differences in our libel/slander laws sometime. You can say a lot over here relative to what you can say there.

The difference in outcomes boils down to teams having substantively more rights over players for a variety of reasons, and a decent fraction of the media sources being very well connected. Selling rumors doesn't work well when there are quality purveyors of reality.

Agreed re: Gordon's value.

I have no idea how many subscribers they have tbh
It's not really relevant to the general point - if they're making an income that way, they have enough and burning the rep by regularly posting jarg is a bad plan. Of course, I would expect that they would still chat the most profitable of wham.

Ah so players can only be 2 things ?? Better than James & Richarlison.....or utter dross and not worth it.

The truth is in the middle.

It IS ok to have players that are 'just good players'.....why the need to go bi-polar on every single player!!!

Maybe, just maybe we need a squad of players that offer different things, and dont all cost a fortune.

5 subs.....5 subs means we need real options....not just kids that you will all booo when they dont turn Messi performances in every week.
I agree on the bipolar thing but the problem is at the moment the squad is full of average-poor players already, so adding more doesn’t really help. If you have a good solid squad then adding a bit of depth with fillers is fine - moyes did it all the time with the hitzlspergers and castillos etc - but in this situation there’s much more value in upgrading and making the likes of gray your back ups than there is in adding more nothing players to be back ups to the nothing players we already have.

I just can't see that at all. Levy is no mug. Yes he got him off their wage bill but we haven't paid them a dime to then get a €6m profit?
I assume most of any surplus we get will have to go straight to the player, I doubt Besiktas will offer him what he’s on here so like PSG with Gueye there will be a payment to cover the shortfall.

I doubt we see profit but breaking even on a failed punt is fine.

Hmm, Gray played 34 league games last season, Townsend 21 and Rondon 20 but they were immaterial to our league position. OK.

What are you talking about ???

Our mess is financial, and down to us wasting millions and millions on big names and over priced players that have not delivered.

That is NOT Gray, Townsend and Rondon.

Sarr has never done it in the prem, 5 goals in each of his 2 seasons. MGW also isn’t linked for £25m as they seem to want £40m for him which is again mental and not worth paying for someone who’s never done it in the top league.
Yup. He got 1 goal in 50 PL apps. Mental for Wolves to ask for £40m.

Status
Not open for further replies.