Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sick of hearing the name Broja, just for the sake of it, what has he done to deserve the transfer fee they want, and why should he be our number 9, someone please tell me.
He's slotted some nice ones, has a cannon, is the sort of big, physical player that often makes it in the Prem at striker and has some good instincts. There's a reason it looks like Tuchel is going to keep him around.

Make it £35m and Broja
Might get him on loan, but never on a permanent with that much cash attached.

I really wonder if the plan for Lampard may be to just start playing 3-5-2. Think McNeil could play as a CM. Dele would be better suited for that formation. Gray can possibly play as a second striker. With all the interest in Broja and Gallagher, it may make sense.

Gana/Doucouré
Onana/Iwobi
Gallagher/McNeil
+ Davies

Patterson/Coleman
Mykolenko/Vinagre
+ Mills

Dele/Gray
DCL/Broja/Rondon

We've probably been in informal discussions with Chelsea all summer given the amount of players we have a potential interest in. Clearly there are legs to this. If Gordon was to leave, and it's a big if, it's imperative we have signings lined up and ready to go immediately.

Wouldn't be surprised either if our financial position dictates another sale if more are to come in. They may have decided that this has to happen and the likes of Joyce briefed to get things going. There had been talk of Gana + two more forwards but perhaps they've decided that shopping in the bargain bin isn't going to cut it and we need a bit more quality now.

Status
Not open for further replies.