Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 forwards is a must. Out and out centre forward obviously but we’re also badly in need of a wide player too. Player we were linked with like Cornet, Dennis and Terrier should’ve been top priority, basically anyone that can start every game for us even if DCL is fit or not, much like how Richy was. Then someone like Guirassey or the lad from Coventry where there’s not much risk involved and they offer a different type of striker.

If I were Lampard I’d be demanding Guirassey be finalised on loan and then I’d be pleading for us to go and match Forest’s offer for Dennis. There’s a fee there that you know Watford will accept, just pay it for the love of Christ. We missed out on a better prospect in Cornet for less, we’d regret letting both go to other teams when we’re crying out for a player just like them.

Signing a failed full back in Cornet or another in Dennis who is famed for having a bad attitude would be absolute madness.

In their entire careers theyve had 2.5 - 3months last season when they scored goals and looked good as centre forwards.

Yes weve lost 2 tight games

Yes we need one or two centre forwards

But that doesnt mean we need to panic buy dross or else we'll be stuck with poor players yet again.

Theres 3 more league games until the end of the window...id rather Thelwell and Lampard brought in the right player(s).

17th this season is fine with me as long as the squad is rebuilt properly and sensibly.

Signing a failed full back in Cornet or another in Dennis who is famed for having a bad attitude would be absolute madness.

In their entire careers theyve had 2.5 - 3months last season when they scored goals and looked good.

But that doesnt mean we need to panic buy dross or else we'll be stuck with poor players yet again.

Theres 3 more league games until the end of the window...id rather Thelwell and Lampard brought in the right player(s).

17th this season is fine with me as long as the squad is rebuilt properly and sensibly.
Agreed I wouldnt touch some of these strikers we have been linked with, with a barge pole.

In their entire careers theyve had 2.5 - 3months last season when they scored goals and looked good as centre forwards.

My ticker can’t take another season like last

Wouldn't "the signs of a good manager" be winning some points? It's early days, and though we look better defensively, going forward we look as clueless as we did last season.
I don’t think any manager would walk into a club that were as poor as we were last season, and within 6 months turn a very poor team into some form of total footballing unit. Especially after losing your only goal scoring threat from the previous season.

So, I’d rather ensure a strong unit first and build on that

Well said. The squad clearly needs a striker, but I also would be wary of pressuring these results in forcing a deal that could be like Rondon in a years time. Or hyper specific to the managers liking as he too is doubtful longterm. It falls on Thelwell to have a larger scope in mind. In my opinion thats acknowledging likely moving DCL a year from now, and planning at least abstractly that the cover you bring in has potential of being a starter come next year (let alone being an appreciating asset for future funds). Id argue Guirassy and Ajorque don't fit that mold.

I keep saying it but our recruitment has been totally stupid this window. Totally the wrong priorities.

Sign a couple of forwards or we are going down. End of story.
It's not as simple as that.

If we had already signed the strikers but not upgraded the defence or midfield then we'd be conceding three or four goals per game and complaining that we never get any shooting opportunities for our expensively-assembled forward line.

Yes we need strikers. Yes, ideally we wanted them in last week. But we simply cannot panic-buy or overpay again, so we need to be patient in order to get the right people in. I have zero doubt that we will get another striker in to compete with DCL for the starting spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.