Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think great movement can cause more problems mate.

Vardy, Jesus, both cause nightmares to the opposition and that pace buys you an extra 10y defensively.

Having DCL and a much lesser extent Rondon - we have that player who can do what you like

Well DCL is a massive injury risk these days and I don't want to see Rondon on a pitch for us, so we don't for me. Would prefer Broja even if he's less of a goalscorer (but has experience in our league at least).

If we didnt have DCL and Rondon I would agree, yes I know, Rondon is a myth and DCL is sadly injured, but I do prefer my number 9s to be tall and meaty.

Depends if we go for a DCL light mate as we won't get someone as good so effectively downgrading on him, rather we brought in someone who offers something different and at times gives us the option of them playing together

Just imagine the fume on here when all of the players are signed weeks before the end of the window and theres none of the usual "OMG why are we waiting until the last second" to fume about.

With Gana expected to be completed soon, basically we just need to get a striker at some point this window.

Just imagine the fume on here when all of the players are signed weeks before the end of the window and theres none of the usual "OMG why are we waiting until the last second" to fume about.

With Gana expected to be completed soon, basically we just need to get a striker at some point this window.
Everton are expected to make a bid to take Armando Broja on loan from Chelsea this weekend, according to a report from the Daily Mail.

That should have been done first. It's going to likely cost us 6 points at the very least until we have one in place.

There's plenty of scope to moan at this board over that.

I think in some deals, add ons can be ignored, players like Gmblammo, I doubt his add ons have been met.

But the likes of Iwobi, Richarlison, Iceland, I reckon most of those add-ons have been achieved.

I reckon lots of deals have two different types of add ons. There will be the clauses that will almost certainly be met barring injuries but then there could easily be performance related ones too, because why not if you are the selling club? What is their to lose from having a clause that you get extra money on top of the base fee you've negotiated, if the buying club have some unexpected success down the line?

Only if we sell someone, we have too many midfielders at the moment. Would think Gilmour might be a late deal after a few outs
I’d still really like us to find a way to get Gilmour in the door as I think he can offer more creativity from that position than our current options. But yeah, right now until the forward situation is sorted it wouldn’t be a wise use of either our last loan slot or the budget required to get him permanently (although I suspect it wouldnt take too much up front).

I reckon lots of deals have two different types of add ons. There will be the clauses that will almost certainly be met barring injuries but then there could easily be performance related ones too, because why not if you are the selling club? What is their to lose from having a clause that you get extra money on top of the base fee you've negotiated, if the buying club have some unexpected success down the line?
Everton had an initial bid of £30m turned down but their improved offer - an initial £28m, rising to £34m with potential add-ons - was accepted.

Take the Iwobi deal there, Arsenal turned down 30m, why would they then accept 28m if they didnt think the add ons would bump it up to the amount they wanted? Im happy to admit that its unlikely that all add ons are achieved, as you say, no doubt theres a little bit of cream added on.

The only time ive seen the actual add-ons on deals have been the Rooney and Lukaku moves.

Would love to see the 1s involving our signings, personally I think they are appearance heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.