Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why are these signings not being announced?
I reckon they want to make a big splash with at least three transfers announced together. Then there's the possibility of an additional move involved in the Gueye deal. I like the idea of a surprise loan of Kalimuendo being worked out alongside the purchase of Gueye, since Kalimuendo has been on offer (linked to Leeds), but reports say PSG bosses have been impressed with his recent form and have reconsidered selling.

I reckon they want to make a big splash with at least three transfers announced together. Then there's the possibility of an additional move involved in the Gueye deal. I like the idea of a surprise loan of Kalimuendo being worked out alongside the purchase of Gueye, since Kalimuendo has been on offer (linked to Leeds), but reports say PSG bosses have been impressed with his recent form and have reconsidered selling.
Got a little theory that (not to rehash old ground) they are expecting a little heat from the press (who will never overlook a chance to bash Everton) over the Gueye rainbow jersey stuff. So maybe if you wait and do the triple announcement he maybe gets overlooked a bit alongside a big money young star and an England international. If Gueye is taking the most time though there’s only so long you can hold off on the other two before it’s a bit silly.

Reactions: den

Status
Not open for further replies.