Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batshuayi still the most doable option imo, don't see how we can afford Broja unless we get cash in for outgoings - Keane, Allan, Gomes.

Bat not the best option, not the worst. Don't see how we could afford Terrier either and the other options (Ajorque, Guirassy, Kaladjzac) are all huge risks.
Wolves already in talks apparently we will find out if we are in for him soon I guess. Depends I guess if we can get any of the three French forwards on a loan or on the tick

Batshuayi still the most doable option imo, don't see how we can afford Broja unless we get cash in for outgoings - Keane, Allan, Gomes.

Bat not the best option, not the worst. Don't see how we could afford Terrier either and the other options (Ajorque, Guirassy, Kaladjzac) are all huge risks.

Broja
Batman

In that order for me - we need someone who knows the league ideally to hit the ground running no point signing someone from Ukraine or Germany who'll take a few weeks to months to get upto speed of the PL.

Think that's why Gana has been signed alongside Onana to help him bed in.

With DCL's injury woes we dont have that luxury.

Wolves already in talks apparently we will find out if we are in for him soon I guess. Depends I guess if we can get any of the three French forwards on a loan or on the tick
I believe French clubs generally do a lot of business on an instalment basis which might be why we are shopping there. I guess it makes sense as their TV income etc is lower to use transfers to add a predictable revenue stream over the course of a few years if it maybe adds a bit to the amount they get in overall. I think there is probably room to do a deal on a decent player from ligue 1.

Terrier is the one that keeps getting quietly dropped in. If Rennes are open to a similarly structured deal to Lille it could happen. Be ideal really.

Surely he'd play on the left hand side?

If were spending that kind of cash then Amine Gouiri is the one we should get in France.

Broja
Batman

In that order for me - we need someone who knows the league ideally to hit the ground running no point signing someone from Ukraine or Germany who'll take a few weeks to months to get upto speed of the PL.

Think that's why Gana has been signed alongside Onana to help him bed in.

With DCL's injury woes we dont have that luxury.
Broja is a no go I reckon, especially with Werner going back to Leipzig and Lukaku gone, it’s his opportunity to be front man

Not a striker though is he
Can play left wing or through the middle I think, bit like that other guy we used to have. Maybe not a like for like replacement for DCL as a target man, but if we are going to spend big on a forward it needs to be someone who can play centre forward and score goals, but who can have another role in the first 11 when DCL is fit.

Can play left wing or through the middle I think, bit like that other guy we used to have. Maybe not a like for like replacement for DCL as a target man, but if we are going to spend big on a forward it needs to be someone who can play centre forward and score goals, but who can have another role in the first 11 when DCL is fit.

I disagree - we need an out and out striker mate. Yup a guy who can play across is good, but we don't create enough to not have a out and out cf in that role imo

Status
Not open for further replies.