Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep calm, he has it all under control.
F58B19FE-6555-4F1B-83F0-BCE925D73340.jpeg

Yeah can't argue with that. Often wondered if being brought up in a right handed world my parents didn't know any better so i just got taught that way.

It gets even weirder when i play sports. Snooker & pool is left handed only. Tennis is right handed except for backhand which my brain can't process so i switch hands mid play & use my left then stay left until i need to switch to my right hand. I've been told it looks mad to watch me do it.
In boxing my left jab is great but my left hook is pathetic. My right jab is pathetic but my right hook is great.
Yeah I'm a freak.
I'm the same, play golf left handed but cricket right handed. snooker/pool right handed... could write with both hands competently until about 16 (I went with left in the end which is why I consider myself left handed).

The real freak part - I play tennis & ping pong left handed but squash and badminton right handed. (nto that I play often or to any kind of decent standard, BUT STILL...)

Nkounkou isn't good enough, he's got one year left on his deal and is up for sale.

Everton do not have another left-back. And we are going to see 343 a lot this year.

Mykolenko is learning the wing-back role. He's much more defensive than offensive and isn't a natural WB. Vinagre is a natural WB, he's played it everywhere he's been, and he can slot in as cover. He's costing nothing, he's on low wages and he's 23.

For once, we have two actual FBs for each side of the pitch. That's good.

People don’t seem to realise how much the fullback situation killed us at times last season. Any combination of Coleman Kenny Digne wasn’t stopping any crosses coming in at all. They were dragged all over the place which in turn dragged the CBs out which Keane in particular can’t deal with. We couldn’t play Dele on the flank because we had to have two workhorses covering up and down all the time to cover our full backs.

As soon as Mykolenko joined and got up to speed he started to stop crosses coming in from his side. Teams stopped bothering as much and started going down the other side and we saw a better Coleman and better centrebacks as we weren’t all over the shop being pulled out of position. As soon as Mykolenko went off against Leicester we almost conceded from a Barnes header because Kenny didn’t stop the cross. We were all over the shop until the final whistle.

If two of Mykolenko Patterson Vinaigre can keep the FB positions locked down, it has a massive effect on the solidity of the entire defence.

Forest are splurging their entire 100m budget from the promotion very risky integrating that many players, they might win the window but we shall see how they do

Status
Not open for further replies.