Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So 12 clubs have spent over £50m. We are one of 3 clubs who have spent nothing. The other 2 are Bournemouth and Leicester. I know Bournemouth are in financial trouble. Not sure what is going on at Leicester
Leicester is a weird one too. Ageing Vardy. Ageing Evans. Tielemans off supposedly. Spine of a team there. They in Europe this year ?

Leicester is a weird one too. Ageing Vardy. Ageing Evans. Tielemans off supposedly. Spine of a team there. They in Europe this year ?

Just looked into it. Apparently they have 10 players out in contract next summer and are struggling a bit with FFP. Looks like they are in sell to buy territory like us with nobody yet pulling the trigger on Youri T. They have some good players though so will be fine in the short term

I'm not sure how fair it is to blame him. Uts not easy to get what you want when you walk into the showroom and tell the salesman you have about 20 quid in the bank
Oh I'm not blaming him, but our experience with DoFs hasn't been great and if he has the same working hours as they seemed to, then nothing will be done over the weekend. I'm fully aware it's mosh and the board to blame.

I'm not sure how fair it is to blame him. Uts not easy to get what you want when you walk into the showroom and tell the salesman you have about 20 quid in the bank
Understood,
But at this point I’m a little disappointed that we appear to have concentrated on PL players where there is far less value to be had for your pound, especially given our need to be careful with our finances.
However the true assessment will await the closing of the window.

Just looked into it. Apparently they have 10 players out in contract next summer and are struggling a bit with FFP. Looks like they are in sell to buy territory like us with nobody yet pulling the trigger on Youri T. They have some good players though so will be fine in the short term
Yeah they are slightly in similar territory to us as they have a lot of deadwood they can't shift, presumably due to PL wages, and that will hamper them. Like you say though a lot expires next summer so they'll be fine- enough quality for a fairly comfy mid table finish this year and enough good assets that they can cash in on if they really need to.

So 12 clubs have spent over £50m. We are one of 3 clubs who have spent nothing. The other 2 are Bournemouth and Leicester. I know Bournemouth are in financial trouble. Not sure what is going on at Leicester
Spend a fortune in the last couple of windows to get in the Champions League. Their midtable finish last year has caught up with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.