Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly still a bit early to write him off TBF
Something odd going on with A.A. at Saints. While hardly prolific I watched his early appearances and there is a good player in there. Unlike the patience shown with Che Adams, who also had a poor start in the PL and has morphed into a good link-up striker, Armstrong can't get near the team or off the bench if on it now.

Rumours of a fallout with the manager may seem to have some basis in fact.

Rather have him as an emergency backup than Rondon, available for half the wages and a very small fee now, someone will get a bargain.

Possibly still a bit early to write him off TBF
It's always difficult to completely write anybody off at any stage of their career I suppose, but I think it's probably safe to say that neither he or Southampton would be particularly happy with how this season has panned out. It would definitely be getting called bad business if he'd come here and done that, put it that way.

It's always difficult to completely write anybody off at any stage of their career I suppose, but I think it's probably safe to say that neither he or Southampton would be particularly happy with how this season has panned out. It would definitely be getting called bad business if he'd come here and done that, put it that way.
Definitely hasn't gone as hoped but I would say bad business is probably a bit premature to say at the moment.

Definitely hasn't gone as hoped but I would say bad business is probably a bit premature to say at the moment.

How many transfers actually do pull off, especially in the first season

Looking at that list from last summers deals (ill only mention PL for now) how many have been worth the money?
Grealish, Lukaku, Sancho the 3 biggest of the season at elite level spending, you could all argue have flopped (so far)

Then you go on the next tier of players like Buendia, Bailey, Daka, Vlasic, Ings, Willock, James, Bryan Gil, Emerson Royal, Soumare, Cucarella, Armstrong, Vestergaard & Lokonga all costing between £15m - £35m and we have barely seen anything from any of these players.

the only ones i kept out of that list from PL transfers over £15m were Ben White, Zouma, Ramsdale, Guehi, Mbwepu, Tomiyasu & Anderson

And some of them are debatible with White & Ramsdale getting over hyped, Zouma kicking a cat, Mbwepu only starting to show it now & Tomiyasu possibly getting caught up in a betting scandal!

You get very little value for money in transfers now days, there are obviously still ones out there! But how many of those flops did we all think we wish we would of bought in the summer!

Looking at that list from last summers deals (ill only mention PL for now) how many have been worth the money?
Grealish, Lukaku, Sancho the 3 biggest of the season at elite level spending, you could all argue have flopped (so far)

Then you go on the next tier of players like Buendia, Bailey, Daka, Vlasic, Ings, Willock, James, Bryan Gil, Emerson Royal, Soumare, Cucarella, Armstrong, Vestergaard & Lokonga all costing between £15m - £35m and we have barely seen anything from any of these players.

the only ones i kept out of that list from PL transfers over £15m were Ben White, Zouma, Ramsdale, Guehi, Mbwepu, Tomiyasu & Anderson

And some of them are debatible with White & Ramsdale getting over hyped, Zouma kicking a cat, Mbwepu only starting to show it now & Tomiyasu possibly getting caught up in a betting scandal!

You get very little value for money in transfers now days, there are obviously still ones out there! But how many of those flops did we all think we wish we would of bought in the summer!

I think in 12months time we will be looking back at the last two windows and praising the business done.

In terms of outgoing transfer fees:

Mykolenko £17mil including clauses
Patterson £16mil including clauses
Gray £1.7mil

If the first two hit the targets within the agreements then its around £35mil for 3 incoming players.

This summer I expect a lot of outgoings...its going to be interesting to see whether we bring a lot of low cost players in or a few key signings.

E.g if DCL and Richarlison leave will the club bring in 3 or 4 replacements or target 6 or 7 new players and spread the money around a bit more?

Then with other sales could that mean 4 or 5 new players for 'chunky' fees or a high number recycled.

I suspect the sensible thing to do is target a smaller number of quality players within the right age bracket and profile...

...but at New York Red Bulls Thelwell seems to have brought in a large number of players.

A large turnover could be exciting and the type of gamble we need to make.

Leicester have a weirdly deep team, I think Daka for example would be really useful for a team that needed to play him every game. Vlasic possibly the same with West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.