Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't we just go back to the model we had under Moyes?

We found Pienaar and Arteta who were unwanted by their clubs and firstly gave them a chance on loan, before buying them once we were convinced by them. They went on to be exceptional for us.

We plucked Baines and Cahill from Wigan and Millwall for next to nothing comparatively speaking (about £8m all-in), and both were, again, exceptional for us.

We look chances on Nigel Martyn, Tim Howard and even Louis Saha who were great for us.

Then we went for low-cost, low-risk signings like Jagielka and Lescott who were outstanding. We spotted some fella called Seamus Coleman and signed him for less than half of the division was earning each week.

We didn't need to spend tens of millions on any of those players because we had a plan and scouting network set up to find players that fit the mould.

What on earth has gone wrong at the club?

You can't get Championship players for that price anymore, they're very rarely now value for money. Brentford got a combined £50m for Watkins and Benrahma when they were in the Championship, Lewis-Potter being quoted prices £20m+.

When it works out, it's great, but when they fail like Adam Armstrong (£15m) they can be hard to get your money back.

Tell you what, I'm all for jokes / banter but a lot of you make this forum a real toxic place to be.

When the going gets tough, unfortunately I have to log out of here.

What's worse than losing one of your teams best characters?

Reading the aftermath of absolute bed wetters on here who are incapable of sensible discussion and love to spiral into pure doom and gloom.

Really depressing.

Nil Satis Nissan Optimum - applies to the fanbase too. Try it sometime.

Tell you what, I'm all for jokes / banter but a lot of you make this forum a real toxic place to be.

Reading the aftermath of absolute bed wetters on here who are incapable of sensible discussion and love to spiral into pure doom and gloom.

It's not us linking Everton to dross.

Genuinely can't muster any interest in what we may or may not be paying him, when we don't know the length of any contract, and he'd be coming on a free. All I care about is can he do a job for us over the next couple of years.

Reading the aftermath of absolute bed wetters on here who are incapable of sensible discussion.

For me it's the constant 'victim' mentality. We're better than that, than other fanbases but constantly have it that we're downtrodden.

- always last on MOTD (who cares)
- sponsors use red in a tweet (who cares)
- shirt release too late (who cares)
- no coverage on Sky Sports news (who cares)
- not seen as a big club (who cares)

Just a sample of some of the drivel in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.