Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea if there’s anything to it but my mate (who works in the England youth set-up) reckons we’re looking at Max Aarons. Bizarre if true having signed Patterson in January but thought I’d throw it in here in case any links appear.

Not a chance, surely? Considering how we're trying to save our pennies for even more glaringly obvious squad fixes.

Not a chance, surely? Considering how we're trying to save our pennies for even more glaringly obvious squad fixes.
It doesn’t make sense to me but it’d be proper Everton to go years neglecting to find a replacement for Coleman to eventually sign one, only to then sign another right-back six months later.

It doesn’t make sense to me but it’d be proper Everton to go years neglecting to find a replacement for Coleman to eventually sign one, only to then sign another right-back six months later.

I mean, I could start to believe such a rumour if Lampard had seen enough of Patterson in pre-season (it's not even started yet) and decided he's not good enough but the lad hasn't even had a chance yet.

Pukki on a free makes me Pukey.
As a striker, Pukki is streets ahead of Cornet and Dennis. Plus his game isn't based on pace, whereas both of them are heavily reliant on pace. Plus he's scored regularly in the Prem whilst playing for a terrible team in at least two full seasons.

Plus he won't cost £20m, or £17.5m.

Plus his wage won't need to be huge.

I'm not saying I want us to aggressively pursue Pukki... But if the choice is between Cornet at £17.5m, Dennis at £20m or Pukki on a free, then bring in Pukki and spend the money on a DM and a CM.

As a striker, Pukki is streets ahead of Cornet and Dennis. Plus his game isn't based on pace, whereas both of them are heavily reliant on pace. Plus he's scored regularly in the Prem whilst playing for a terrible team in at least two full seasons.

Plus he won't cost £20m, or £17.5m.

Plus his wage won't need to be huge.

I'm not saying I want us to aggressively pursue Pukki... But if the choice is between Cornet at £17.5m, Dennis at £20m or Pukki on a free, then bring in Pukki and spend the money on a DM and a CM.

Is Pukki on a free?

if we get 30 mil for kean and 50 mil for richy thats 80 mil to spend

if we are very smart we can make that 80 mil stretch with signing eriksen on a free and bringing in two highly rated players on loan

thats 3 players with an outlay of no more than 10 mil inc loan fees

then you have 70 mil to spend on a combo of players such as gallagher, KLP, Brennan Johnson, Dennis, Cornet, Colwill, Zinchenko, Winks etc
We REALLY need to make the loan system work for us this season.

Is it a maximum of two loans from Prem clubs PLUS two others? I'd genuinely look to bring in four players on loan ASAP if so. With the new rule about 5 substitutions per game, there will be more opportunities for more players to get game time.

While I am OK with older players on free's. I think its time to start to look for young up and coming players. Ready to prove themselves int he Premier Leage. Pukki didn't exactly set the premier league a light ok in a poor side, but we are poor side at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.