Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh so what we're really doing here is a technicality between valuation and value.

I don't care about valuation because clubs ask dumb prices for their players all the time. What I care about is what their value actually might be and that requires someone who might pay the amount attached.
Which has been decided by some bloke as a bit of fun in his spare time

Then suggest a better alternative
You can find players all around Europe playing in u21 national teams with similar values but without the club asking for absurd fees.

Plus you'll also have the young players leaving big clubs who are super talented but can't break through.

I'd say about £20m right now, but potential matters. Either you should hold assets until they are close to maximum value, or you only accept an offer which factors in potential development.

If he becomes a better finisher in the next 24/36 months, he could be a 50m player. So that should be our figure right now, otherwise we hold and let his value naturally rise with further experience and development.
Gordon is English, an under 21 international and just off the back of a fantastic season in a struggling side.
I think he may be in the 30m-40m bracket already without even thinking about potential.... the English premium is probably worth 10m alone and his character in difficult circumstances will certainly have been noticed.

I'm 99% confident Real aren't in for Son, this is the first time I've heard it mentioned.

My first suspicion as I've said is that this is Sky Sports making stuff up.

My second suspicion is that this is a PR thing, so Everton can turn round and say "Look, we got a great offer for Richarlison and had to let him go, but we've fought hard and kept hold of Gordon" kind of scenario.

Even if you guys need to raise funds, you're not going to do it by selling a player who just broke through from the academy; it's a PR disaster for the board, and no club is going to pay the obscene money it would take to justify letting him go.
Appreciate your input, and you may well be right, but “PR disaster” and this Everton board go together like kopites protesting their innocence whenever there is any fan trouble, so I’m not ruling anything out mate.

I think if I'm a club trying to sign him I'd offer a package where the fee is about 10m with add ons approaching 20m. And Everton would say no so I'd go abroad and sign someone else for a similar price. Because I'm not arsed about him costing more because he's English.
You would not even get to loan him for that.

You could certainly make that bid... it simply would not be accepted.

I think one thing that is being missed is that any fee for Gordon is factoring in his potential. If he's never better than the guy he is right now he's worth about 5m. I appreciate his effort but last season he played like a scouse Jordan Ayew. I still believe he can improve a lot and be worth the fees everyone has in their head.

I think one thing that is being missed is that any fee for Gordon is factoring in his potential. If he's never better than the guy he is right now he's worth about 5m. I appreciate his effort but last season he played like a scouse Jordan Ayew. I still believe he can improve a lot and be worth the fees everyone has in their head.
I'd say 5 is ridiculously low, but some valuations I'm reading are wild.

If his end product was anything like his effort he'd be too good for this current Everton team.

He's miles off being a top player right now. Hopefully we see him kick on again this season. (for Everton)

Status
Not open for further replies.