Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what his valuation is, but I do know that his value according to the market, and his value to Everton fans as a home grown academy boy with massive potential are going to be so far apart that the club would be crazy to let him leave for his market rate.

You asked what do people think his valuation is.

You then said £10m+ addons which is half of that website.

Whilst also saying Everton wouldn't sell at that.

So how can that be what you think his valuation is???
I think if I'm a club trying to sign him I'd offer a package where the fee is about 10m with add ons approaching 20m. And Everton would say no so I'd go abroad and sign someone else for a similar price. Because I'm not arsed about him costing more because he's English.

I think if I'm a club trying to sign him I'd offer a package where the fee is about 10m with add ons approaching 20m. And Everton would say no so I'd go abroad and sign someone else for a similar price. Because I'm not arsed about him costing more because he's English.

But again, that's not his valuation, his valuation is the price Everton would sell at not the price you'd pay, get rejected then move on from.

I can't walk into a car dealership with a tenner and try buy a car with it saying that's my valuation you boob.

I'm not saying transfermarkt is gospel but it is neutral and they've got his value at about 20m
Is it neutral? Aren't the valuations made by volunteers, each will have agendas, be swayed by personal bias.

I'd also question whether anything is impartial/neutral considering the amount of money involved. (And clubs have cited transfermarkt as something they use for valuations etc)

But again, that's not his valuation, his valuation is the price Everton would sell at not the price you'd pay, get rejected then move on from.

I can't walk into a car dealership with a tenner and try buy a car with it saying that's my valuation you boob.
The market sets the valuation though.

In your example the 2002 Honda isn't worth 25k because that's what the dealer wants as no one is paying it. It is a two way street.

Is it neutral? Aren't the valuations made by volunteers, each will have agendas, be swayed by personal bias.

I'd also question whether anything is impartial/neutral considering the amount of money involved. (And clubs have cited transfermarkt as something they use for valuations etc)
It's neutraler

It's ran by yanks like anyone should pay attention to the valuations.

Ok then sign someone else. No one should pay a dollar over 20m for either player when as talented players in Europe will go for less.
You asked his value, to which the answer is the cost to replace him. It dosen't matter if there's cheaper alternatives in Europe. He's an English u21 international with huge prospects. The closest direct replacement out there is 30M.

But the valuation of the car, is still £25k...
Oh so what we're really doing here is a technicality between valuation and value.

I don't care about valuation because clubs ask dumb prices for their players all the time. What I care about is what their value actually might be and that requires someone who might pay the amount attached.

Oh so what we're really doing here is a technicality between valuation and value.

I don't care about valuation because clubs ask dumb prices for their players all the time. What I care about is what their value actually might be and that requires someone who might pay the amount attached.

What you should care about, is us not selling Gordon this Summer. Everything else is moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.