Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I probably would to, but unfortunately think they wont be able to turn down the offers for Branthwaite :(
We appear to have set an asking price of around £70-80m and imo I don't see any club coming in at that price unless he absolutely rips the Euro's up suddenly. I think most of the clubs linked up till now would have been looking at the £50m range. I think we will do what we can with the likes of Onana and others so that we can keep Branthwaite for another year.

If you want to be successful you have to sign some South American player and some player from the former Yugoslavia. I don't know of any team that won anything without at least one of these players. Everton should sign or request Argentine footballer Nico Paz from Real Madrid on loan. He should also seek the transfer of the Catalan Marc Guiu from Barça, he needs minutes and is much better than the clumsy Portuguese Beto.
So far my contribution, last year I asked for Joselu from Espanyol and around here I was told that he was too old.

We appear to have set an asking price of around £70-80m and imo I don't see any club coming in at that price unless he absolutely rips the Euro's up suddenly. I think most of the clubs linked up till now would have been looking at the £50m range. I think we will do what we can with the likes of Onana and others so that we can keep Branthwaite for another year.
Oh they'll come in a long way below the asking price. But we'll end up doing a deal because of the pressure that we're under, we just can't afford to walk away from serious money.

never in a million years are we getting £80m for Onana.

West Ham held out cause Declan Rice is levels above Onana, at least currently.

Fun fact: we lost just 2 of the 15 league games Onana didn’t start (or feature) this season.

Lavia £58mil
Caicedo £115mil

Onana is miles better than Lavia. Not sure why £80mil is so high for you?

Fun fact: Dyche doesnt play to suit any central midfielder who wants to pass the ball around.

Rice was absolutely brilliant for West Ham. Was their captain, key player and had just won them a European trophy.

Onana was dropped to the bench for the key games in a relegation battle.

The price of one has nothing whatsoever to do with the price of the other.

Rice was in a team who focused on his skillset and played through him. Onana is not.

This is the window where Onana moves to a top club and takes his game up a level.

Another link to this lad not sure how good he is

I'm guessing he is an Onana replacement, they look quite similar players, good passer of the ball from some of the videos.

There was alot of fanfare with him 4/5 years ago.

From what i saw, he was a mix of Onana and Gomes. Sitting as anchor would be his best role and long passes like Gomes would be his forte.

We dont play that way, there is no midfield anchor. Also we need players who run around alot in this Dyche system.

Wharton goes for £18-22mil and were targeting this guy :(

Not a fan of this all and wonder why were trying to replace Onana. We should be looking to sign someone to suit the system.

Certainly makes no sense to sell below £70mil. Other players to sell before letting him go for that.

Off the back of this season he’s not even worth the £35m we paid for him. Not even a joke either, he’s been bang average all year.

Potential this and potential that, I’ve seen very little improvement over the two seasons now.

Isnt it interesting that these Bayern, Barca, Chelsea, Arsenal and United scouts rate him...but you dont?

There could be a learning experience in there somewhere.

Let's hope so, Id much rather we try and integrate young lads into the team rather than send them out tbh. Thing is Maupay looks to be coming back (he won't stay imo) and we have been linked with a few strikers, also Beto seems to be getting linked with a move back to Italy (not surprised tbh) he probably wants to play a bit more.
I'd take a 'Zinger Tower Burger' for him.
( Then again we haven't even paid for him yet )

If he stays another year he can pick whatever top club he wants. Going to United would be such a waste for the lad.
I think we can keep him another season not sure if its just hope from me, but agree newcastle spurs united ect would prefer he went to a better club

Lavia £58mil
Caicedo £115mil

Onana is miles better than Lavia. Not sure why £80mil is so high for you?

Fun fact: Dyche doesnt play to suit any central midfielder who wants to pass the ball around.

Rice was in a team who focused on his skillset and played through him. Onana is not.

This is the window where Onana moves to a top club and takes his game up a level.

There was alot of fanfare with him 4/5 years ago.

From what i saw, he was a mix of Onana and Gomes. Sitting as anchor would be his best role and long passes like Gomes would be his forte.

We dont play that way, there is no midfield anchor. Also we need players who run around alot in this Dyche system.

Wharton goes for £18-22mil and were targeting this guy :(

Not a fan of this all and wonder why were trying to replace Onana. We should be looking to sign someone to suit the system.
Club could still be looking at a loan for him , certain we will see more links to more cm this window