Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Patterson has had several bad injuries now. Dyche has said a few times that hes developing behind the scenes.

If not for this current injury i think we may have seen a sale.

A concern is the defence in 12months time as things stand.

We'll have:
Mykolenko
Branthwaite
Tarkowski

Everyone else will be out of contract. We need to make signings here to develop over a season.

I wonder if Godfrey, Keane, Holgate and Patterson may be touted around now qnd whatever comes in, used on a young right back and a young centre back.

Well, id also make another suggestion, say we let the 2025 contracts - off the ones we wont offer new contracts to - run down and expire, but use next season to pad the squad out.

Heading into the financial year 25/26, we can count on increased commercial revenue from the new ground as income, while also using the space on the wage bill those contracts expiring creates, to better attack the market - now that's a bit simplistic given all the moving parts - with loans, takeovers and interest etc - however theoretically...............financial year 25/26 - should see an uptake in our ability to create revenue and we can plan accordingly, come July 2025 (maybe even before).

If Everton sell Onana for £60mil net.

Then what would be the total profit generated on the books & the wage savings?

Answer = Over double what Gray would cost.
but all of that money - or most of it will either service the ridiculous debt we find ourselves in, or in Mosh's back pocket... it'll disappear to the same (or similar!) place the Arteta money went possibly...

and there is also the problem that neither will come here... they would have ambition and would want to go to clubs who will develop them properly, and give them a chance to win summat.

Young is a top tier professional. His attitude and contribution to the dressing room, I imagine will be immense. The same applies for Coleman. Both have had wonderful careers and year extensions for both make sense given the state of our finances.

They should go into this next season as squad players, and nothing more. I am completely fine with both playing in 20/30 games but as squad players and to cover injuries. They should not be automatic starters.

If we go into the season with them as starters then that would be a concern, however I don’t think we will.

People creating these magical mythical lists of top tier talents and potential FM wonder kids need to realise the absolute [Poor language removed] show our finances are.

We won’t be signing Brazilian wonder kids etc.

It will be very similar to last season, frees and loans and smart low cost purchases.

I fully expect Jack Harrison to come back in, who again isn’t some world class talent but adds a lot to the squad and does fit into Dyches style of play.

If by any chance, and I think it’s minimal that we can keep Jarrad then that would be a summer transfer window success.

Early indications suggest Jarrad Branthwaite, Amadou Onana and Dominic Calvert-Lewin have plenty of interest and may be the ones moved on to ensure the club can continue to operate amid the ownership uncertainty.

One thing is for sure, it promises to be a summer when the winds of change blow through the corridors of the club.

Next season already feels like an uphill struggle, even before this one has ended.

Mike Richards can be found at Unholy Trinity, external

Early indications suggest Jarrad Branthwaite, Amadou Onana and Dominic Calvert-Lewin have plenty of interest and may be the ones moved on to ensure the club can continue to operate amid the ownership uncertainty.

One thing is for sure, it promises to be a summer when the winds of change blow through the corridors of the club.

Next season already feels like an uphill struggle, even before this one has ended.

Mike Richards can be found at Unholy Trinity, external

cheers mike

So the pragmatist in me says this was always the likely outcome. We had a strong defensive record last year with Coleman and Young playing their part and Gana at DM.

We are trying to see our way through to BMD and hopefully better income generation. Slow and steady until then