Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

And yet still people want to sign 'Frees' that end up on huge wages.

It's not all about the transfer fee.

I mean, Maupay was 'only' 15m - he'll cost us a lot more than that if we can't sell him.
Said it before, but wages are the biggest outlay a club does every season.

Look at Evertons net spend over the last few years, its pitiful, but we have lost vast sums of money due to our Wages to Revenue % being totally unworkable.

Yes, the Stadium is crippling us the most, but our biggest issue has always been the wage bill.

And yet still people want to sign 'Frees' that end up on huge wages.

It's not all about the transfer fee.

I mean, Maupay was 'only' 15m - he'll cost us a lot more than that if we can't sell him.

…you certainly compensate them for the lack of a transfer fee. Higher wage is fine if the player is effective, I don’t think many complain about Tarkowski’s salary.

It really is about having an effective DoF and buying good footballers, we have signed far too many ordinary ones.

…you certainly compensate them for the lack of a transfer fee. Higher wage is fine if the player is effective, I don’t think many complain about Tarkowski’s salary.

It really is about having an effective DoF and buying good footballers, we have signed far too many ordinary ones.
I think we get it re your thoughts on Thelwell...lol

Hope you get beat in the final for whining about Everton and then fold tbh.
I m not whining most comes from Everton fans who never stop moaning thinking they have a sacred right to PL football. We've had many bad owners but we stick with our team through thick and thin and hope one day we have another few years in the lime light. Goat I will meet you for a pint next year at any pub of your choice and discuss the merits of our club. Bearing in mind I don't hate Everton .

I m not whining most comes from Everton fans who never stop moaning thinking they have a sacred right to PL football. We've had many bad owners but we stick with our team through thick and thin and hope one day we have another few years in the lime light. Goat I will meet you for a pint next year at any pub of your choice and discuss the merits of our club. Bearing in mind I don't hate Everton .
  • Leeds United's CEO Angus Kinnear played a key role in prompting the Premier League's investigation into Everton, which has resulted in a provisional 10-point deduction penalty for the Toffees.

Im on about this.

I wish nothing but bad karma on your club.

….the problem is his salary, very few clubs will be able to match it, particularly in the Championship. It’s what happens when you sign ordinary footballers and give them extraordinary contracts.

He really is an interesting case example, he's on just over 50k a week - that is considered a relatively low wage here.

At Brentford, he was their joint third highest wage on that, he was on more there then Toney.

If they dont go up they have £100mil to generate.

1st its we need "most of" the income to keep operating. Then its finishing the stadium...and again £20mil to keep operating.

:eek:

I definitely wouldnt just use money to pay off loans that can be restructured and also paid off or converted by new owners.

This is the time to invest in rising assets to pay off those loans down the line if needed.
It's not a choice, Zat. We can't just choose to not pay our bills or we'll be wound up. We'd all like to be buying the best up and coming players but we have no money for that, even with the mooted sales.

…..it’s not just him, Neil, it’s a problem we’ve had for an age. Be interesting if he’s still here after the end of next month.
There is also Purdy and the actual scouts, it's largely been the same group for a number of years, maybe it needs a refresh? Purdy was previously let go as head of recruitment then we gave him his job back for some reason.

My point wasn't really about Gray, it was more a point that sales are not likely to be generating huge sums for transfers. Zat seems confused on this point generally.
It seems very likely that a decent chunk of any sales will be going towards paying off debt or at the very least getting banked to prevent us having to acquire more debt.

What wage do you think someone like Ashley young is on

Does him being 38 mean it’s likely to be high or low?
I reckon around 80k, he was a free transfer, I know he has his detractors, but hes played in the majority of games this season and I personally think it was money well spent.