Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I believe Onana wants to leave and I expect this will happen, I don't believe however the fee will be as high as we hoped as his form this season has been mixed.
Maupay will leave as well.

Even if they only make a combined 50m , if added to the sales at the start of this accounting period of another 50m will that be enough for PSR purposes ?

I think the club would like to keep Branthwaite for at least another season and it will take a serious bid to prise him away.
Even for the player , another season at Everton will further help his development. Going to a basket case like Utd may not be the best for a young player .

I believe Onana wants to leave and I expect this will happen, I don't believe however the fee will be as high as we hoped as his form this season has been mixed.
Maupay will leave as well.

Even if they only make a combined 50m , if added to the sales at the start of this accounting period of another 50m will that be enough for PSR purposes ?

I think the club would like to keep Branthwaite for at least another season and it will take a serious bid to prise him away.
Even for the player , another season at Everton will further help his development. Going to a basket case like Utd may not be the best for a young player .
The point is , as made eloquently by other posters , this isn't just about making a sale to bring us within PSR , it's in large part to stave off the threat of administration and enable us to continue trading during the summer when we have no income.

Ideally we sit on our best assets until we get the highest bid or until the market improves. Sadly we don't have that luxury.

The point is , as made eloquently by other posters , this isn't just about making a sale to bring us within PSR , it's in large part to stave off the threat of administration and enable us to continue trading during the summer when we have no income.

Ideally we sit on our best assets until we get the highest bid or until the market improves. Sadly we don't have that luxury.
Issue with needing to sell for cash flow reasons is that deals will need to be structured with very front loaded payment terms to see us through summer, which will weaken our bargaining power in terms of the total fee, which will exacerbate the PSR problems. 🔄

Hopefully someone with half a brain at the club will work out the PSR implications of lower player sale profits (due to the above issue) versus the interest costs of just loaning our way through the summer via these sharks that are offering us credit, or until the debt is restructured. We are going to get low-balled on offers for players, but the announcements will be careful to say “fee could rise as high as…” based on criteria that will never be met, to spare our blushes.

Why? Hes already shown in snippets that he can perform for us to at least an average level and we need to lower the wage bill.

For me that means Danjuma gone and a nee deal for Dobbin probably saving £60k or £70k a week.
Except Dobbin isn’t very good and needs another season on loan to make your mind up on whether to sell. Personally I don’t believe he is good enough to play regular in the premier league, Warrington is even further away

Issue with needing to sell for cash flow reasons is that deals will need to be structured with very front loaded payment terms to see us through summer, which will weaken our bargaining power in terms of the total fee, which will exacerbate the PSR problems. 🔄

Hopefully someone with half a brain at the club will work out the PSR implications of lower player sale profits (due to the above issue) versus the interest costs of just loaning our way through the summer via these sharks that are offering us credit, or until the debt is restructured. We are going to get low-balled on offers for players, but the announcements will be careful to say “fee could rise as high as…” based on criteria that will never be met, to spare our blushes.

Indeed so. Unfortunately half a brain is quite a reach at Everton at the mo'.

There were clear signs in the last couple of transfer windows that prices (except maybe for mega players or sports washing Saudis) are not escalating anymore. I feel some here will be disappointed with the offers for branthwaite and onana. We are not in a strong position to say bugger off or turn down offers below our valuation. Holding out 'till the winter window may not be an option.

The one hope of getting a good amount depends on two clubs getting into an old fashioned bidding war. A good example last year was the sale of Lavia to Chelsea, they and the squatters were played well by a relegated, cash needy, SFC.

Lets hope we can do the same.

If we are going to sell Onana to a team like Bayern or Barca, I would want our asking price & a young player from their academy too. I'm sure they will have a centre mid in their system we could develop

One of our best premier league sides was built on loans, frees and modest buys.

You have to be savvy and have a bit of luck IMO but loaning another Lukaku, Geri and signing a Gareth Barry for free isn’t impossible.

20 years ago fees were only starting to get ridiculous given what Chelsea were spending and that was very much at the top end.

If a defensive player was relegated then 6-7m was standard.

Nowadays a Lescott, Jags or Baines type would be 20m + to sign.

City got that Ortega on a free, for anyone who thinks we’d have to spend £70m to get a half decent keeper to replace Pickford.

I'd actually give Virginia a proper chance if Pickford leaves.

Small sample size but I was happy with what I saw from him in the cups this season. Whether it would translate to 30 games in a league season I don't know but he is 25 in October so he'll be wanting to play regular football sooner or later.

Obviously sign an experience keeper as backup like Begovic to come in if he has a dip in form.