Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

In the championship, Adam Armstrong scores loads in the championship and can’t score to save his life in the prem. massive gamble taking a punt on a 29yr old who’s only just broke into the Ireland team and never played in prem.
As opposed to having a massive gamble taking a punt on players who have barely done anything anywhere like Beto and Chermiti?

As opposed to having a massive gamble taking a punt on players who have barely done anything anywhere like Beto and Chermiti?
To be fair Beto got 10 goals in the Italian top division for a bottom half side and is 6ft 4 . But yet we’ve over paid. And Chermiti is 19 with loads of potential and cost about 10mil, there the signings we should be making. Rumour Blackburn want 15/20mil which is scandalous and never in a million years is dyche havin a 5ft 6 centre forward

Could this James wanting come come to Europe and the blue heart be related to any other team? He got a a lot of games with porto and a lot of goals and they wear blue

I dont think not wanting him back, grudge or otherwise makes fans idiots. At luton the pressure is off him to an extent. To come back here with the history he has and the greater expectation to perform will make it harder for him. 2 or 3 bad games and it could all go terribly toxic in the stands which could impact the confidence of the whole team not just him. Id swerve him myself.
Suppose it depends on what options we have, if it is an option then i would probably sign him. From where i am sitting i don't think we have too many options and players really wanting to play for us at the moment...

To be fair Beto got 10 goals in the Italian top division for a bottom half side and is 6ft 4 . But yet we’ve over paid. And Chermiti is 19 with loads of potential and cost about 10mil, there the signings we should be making. Rumour Blackburn want 15/20mil which is scandalous and never in a million years is dyche havin a 5ft 6 centre forward
Andre Gray and Ings are not exactly giants, though.

Suppose it depends on what options we have, if it is an option then i would probably sign him. From where i am sitting i don't think we have too many options and players really wanting to play for us at the moment...
Agree we wont have many players dying to come here or even many we can afford even if they want to. It just seems a lazy option to just go for Barkley and given what happened previous a potentially divisive option for the fanbase. Can i also add that just because he had a good season at Luton doesnt mean hell pull any trees up next year here or anywhere else.

Unfortunately for us the days of mega money transfer fees look like being put on the back burner and any bids received are likely to be a lot less for Branthwaite and Onana than a lot of us are hoping for or expecting. 55m is peanuts for him but as others have said if we want/need to sell players they are only worth what clubs are willing to pay.