Everton Pre-Season (Tours) 2022/23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched a rerun of the 3-3 derby vs the rs earlier today..honestly cannot believe we have spent SO MUCH money to go backwards from lukaku, barkley, mirrallas, Delofeu, baines, stones, distin, jags, Barry, JMac. The squad we have now is absolutely tripe. We don't need a good transfer window we need a complete reset.

I watched a rerun of the 3-3 derby vs the rs earlier today..honestly cannot believe we have spent SO MUCH money to go backwards from lukaku, barkley, mirrallas, Delofeu, baines, stones, distin, jags, Barry, JMac. The squad we have now is absolutely tripe. We don't need a good transfer window we need a complete reset.
That's gonna be abit hard when we ain't got a pot to piss in.

A6AEDC6A-0155-4D12-BE74-20CBA55CD70B.jpeg

It's really sad, I think there's a better chance the club goes completely bust than it gets back to a level even rivaling West Ham/Leicester or even worse Villa/Brighton/Palace. It sucks.
It’s got all the hallmarks of Risdale Leeds and Lerner Villa. Chucked money around, never got value for money, caught up with them, started selling good players, replaced with loans and frees, downward spiral. It’s looking grim.

That's gonna be abit hard when we ain't got a pot to piss in.
And yet here we are with no accountability as to how we have found ourselves in the position we are, having spent hundreds of millions on dross. Our squad is as weak as piss. I don't see any way in which we aren't in a relegation fight unless we spend money and bring in some quality through the spine of the side.

The lesser of the two evils? Spend the money and bring players in to survive or go with largely what we have got and potentially lose hundreds of millions dropping down a league (or two)? City took eufa to the cleaners on ffp, surely a precedent has been set?

And yet here we are with no accountability as to how we have found ourselves in the position we are, having spent hundreds of millions on dross. Our squad is as weak as piss. I don't see any way in which we aren't in a relegation fight unless we spend money and bring in some quality through the spine of the side.

The lesser of the two evils? Spend the money and bring players in to survive or go with largely what we have got and potentially lose hundreds of millions dropping down a league (or two)? City took eufa to the cleaners on ffp, surely a precedent has been set?
Lampard got fined for saying we should of got a pen mate

We would get 30 points deducted most probably

Laughing stock, but we all saw it coming. Awful defence not strengthened enough, no midfield, one striker in the squad who isn't good on his own. At this point, relegation is a certainty. Huge changes needed fast, yet we won't get them.

We aren't fighting FFP we are governed by Premier league rules which are a separate entity. City would have fallen foul if the same rules had been applied back then. I'm heartbroken because I know exactly what to expect this season and won't be able to watch this same team for a whole season I just can't connect with them. I will always love this club but after 48 years I like to think I know when the writing is on the wall.

There is know way I can go through last seasons agony again this year and just thinking about it is making me angry. I think Frank is a good upcoming manager who could be decent in years to come but sadly this club will destroy him and I don't think he deserves that. Saying that this club is destroying it's own fans I fear, lots of Evertonians seem to be very hostile these days which is sad.

Moshiri is simply waiting for investors to pay for the stadium whilst trying to keep water out of a sinking ship using buckets, he gave up a few seasons back I think that is clear to see.

I'm sure I will be shouted at on here and ridiculed but that's fine, I simply felt the need to put my feelings down on here. Most of my posts are negative and that is one of the things I hate the most supporting Everton. I genuinely can't think of anything positive to post, I'll leave that to the eternal optimists.

We aren't fighting FFP we are governed by Premier league rules which are a separate entity. City would have fallen foul if the same rules had been applied back then. I'm heartbroken because I know exactly what to expect this season and won't be able to watch this same team for a whole season I just can't connect with them. I will always love this club but after 48 years I like to think I know when the writing is on the wall.

There is know way I can go through last seasons agony again this year and just thinking about it is making me angry. I think Frank is a good upcoming manager who could be decent in years to come but sadly this club will destroy him and I don't think he deserves that. Saying that this club is destroying it's own fans I fear, lots of Evertonians seem to be very hostile these days which is sad.

Moshiri is simply waiting for investors to pay for the stadium whilst trying to keep water out of a sinking ship using buckets, he gave up a few seasons back I think that is clear to see.

I'm sure I will be shouted at on here and ridiculed but that's fine, I simply felt the need to put my feelings down on here. Most of my posts are negative and that is one of the things I hate the most supporting Everton. I genuinely can't think of anything positive to post, I'll leave that to the eternal optimists.
Don’t think anyone will be shouting at you, suspect lots feel the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.