Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

50m for Dembele and Tierney. Throw in Bolasie and Williams to lower the cash value by 2m to make it 48m plus those two.

As was Ashley Cole
Say what you like but you don't get caps for England unless you can play football to a high standard.
Im waiting for all the names of players people think were crap but people with better footballing knowledge than us picked these lads for club and country.

Indeed, until the year before last, we had won more league titles than all of them combined.
As much as I hate to say it but due to there revenues and recent success man city and chelsea can be classed as bigger clubs than us currently but not historically. Tottenham have a while to go to catch us but there new stadium and London factor makes them more attractive atm.

Alright lads, not been on here in a few years, pretty much since the crazy money in the EPL really took off. However been down to Goodison a few times and a bit of a lapsed Everton fan.

Though I'd love Kieran to stay in the Scottish game for another year or 2, mainly because he makes it a lot better to watch I'd say this might just be the perfect fit for him. Though the modern day 20 year old football fan, Celtic or other think Everton are some sort of mid table team it just shows the lack of knowledge to football in general and the history, trophies, fanbase and potential a club like Everton have. Bit of a sleeping giant.

In saying this it's a tough one because Celtic are a massive club, pretty much on a scale where they are far bigger than the Country they play in with a far bigger reach but the fact is if Kieran wants to improve each year he will need to leave and the Premier League will test him to a level that will not only improve him but the Scottish National team.

If he goes then he may need a few months to get used to the speed of thought and sharpness down South but he's far more advanced than Robertson was at the same age, stronger, faster and in my opinion with a bit more potential to get to an even higher level though Robertson is a cracking player also.

Regardless of what happens fingers crossed the management team can bring a bit success to a support that certainly needs and deserves it.

As an Everton first and foremost with a real genuine love for Celtic, I can understand why Celtic are feeling bitter about this. Remember how we felt when Rooney left, well that's what Celtic fans are feeling here. Tierney is a fantastic player, if we get him for 25m we have robbed them simple as that. When you consider what we paid for the junk we got last summer it will be an amazing signing. Sadly Leighton Baines will no longer be needed, I'm sad about that.

As was Ashley Cole
Say what you like but you don't get caps for England unless you can play football to a high standard.
Im waiting for all the names of players people think were crap but people with better footballing knowledge than us picked these lads for club and country.
Don’t know about that. Eric Dier might just be one of he worst midfielders I’ve ever seen.

£25m seems a bit steep for someone with unproven levels of consistency. How good has he been in the Champions League? I suppose if he's really shown a high level in those games it's worth the risk.

Sorry, didn't realise this was the 2015 Martinez thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.