Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember rightly, he struggled for the first couple of seasons, due the step up in pace and physicality.

My only concern for Tierney is that initially he might find it hard to adjust to the Premiership, but if Graham Dorrans can play in the Premiership for years, just how hard can it actually be? Tierney is in a completely different league from him.

Step up from what? we bought Baines from Wigan who were i the premier league. he signed a new contract with Wigan in February 2005 despite being linked to a number of Premier League clubs and extended his contract again after impressive displays in his first season in the Premier League. made 29 appearances for Everton during his first season making lb his in his second season
Apologies you are right about Wigan being in the Premier League when he signed for us.

He did struggle to start with though, as @blue61 said, Lescott was the first choice for quite a while.

Reactions: dav

Apparently we’re offering 10 million upfront and another 6 in add ons. Celtic want the full amount.

If that's true, then you can forget it. I was told this afternoon that Tierney doesn't want to leave Celtic. Celtic seem to be the ones pushing this, but I highly doubt they would accept 10 million.

If that's true, then you can forget it. I was told this afternoon that Tierney doesn't want to leave Celtic. Celtic seem to be the ones pushing this, but I highly doubt they would accept 10 million.
Well, I hope we can forget it. He's not worth anything near £25 million and the £10 million bid is much more realistic.
Hope he enjoys his career in Scotland.

Well, I hope we can forget it. He's not worth anything near £25 million and the £10 million bid is much more realistic.
Hope he enjoys his career in Scotland.

You'll have to, if that info is true, though I've heard a completely different story.

I assume you've scouted Tierney, and have made your valuation based on watching him perform?

Mad thing is those 3 would instantly be 3 of the SPL's best players and biggest name players.

In answer to your offer, oh yes.

I haven't seen much of them, but when I have seen them Morelos looked good, and Bolasie looked alright as well. Williams, not so much.

Joey Barton said the same as you for years until he came up here and couldn't cut it, after being Burnleys best player the years before. Basil Boli captain of Marseille and France was a complete flop. Mykhaylychenko starred in the European Championships for Russia, but didn't do well up here. same as 5 goals in one game World Cup star Oleg Salenko.

Some English people just make lazy comments about Scottish football, without ever having watched it. Ask Joey now if he thinks it's so easy to star up here.

Oh I'm well aware of it all. I'm in Belfast myself like....

Just found it a bit ridiculous with the guy asking about Partick lol
You mean me? Of course the old firm game is the biggest, but a lot of Celtic fans like to pretend that Rangers don’t really exist any more.
Telling Celtic fans that their main rivals are Partick seems to wind some of them up as they then have to admit that Rangers do still exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.