Everton players out on loan (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although Walsh, Kenny, and Ledson are all 18 , Walsh is the least experienced being a 2nd Year Scholar the other two are a year ahead of him I.e they completed their 2 Scholar years, plus both of them have played regularly for England over the years which adds to their experience. It appears that we don't release many Scholars out on loan, Brewster is the only outfield player I can think of this season , so again it points to Walsh being held in high regard at FF.

.....I told you of a conversation my son had in the Directors lounge at Hull with an agent (I think he was Jelovic's agent). This was 15 months or so ago and he said Walsh was very highly thought of and RM is a huge fan of his ability and tenacity.

Your point about England Youth is an interesting one. I always think it's a huge advantage to be born soon after the school milestone of 1st September. I was fortunate enough to play representative footy myself and it helped me to be September born. You can be almost 12 months older than others in your group and that makes a big difference at that age. I note that a few of our starlets, including Walsh are also September kids. A point worth considering when looking at age groups.

Your point about England Youth is an interesting one. I always think it's a huge advantage to be born soon after the school milestone of 1st September. I was fortunate enough to play representative footy myself and it helped me to be September born. You can be almost 12 months older than others in your group and that makes a big difference at that age. I note that a few of our starlets, including Walsh are also September kids. A point worth considering when looking at age groups.
This 1st September thing is a bit odd at times. It determines the Scholar years ,eligibility for PL u18 League and Youth Cup , but the age for Internationals is usually 1 st January . ( They fiddled a bit with last years u17 World Cup) . Thus you get Kenny & Ledson in one Scholar year and Callum Connolly in the next Scholar year despite being a few months apart , and they then play together at International level.

League Two
Oxford Utd - Jonjoe Kenny played whole match in 2-2 home draw with promotion rivals Mansfield. Voted MoM.

OS Match Report
"It came down the right where Jonjoe Kenny galloped forward and skipped past his man before clipping the ball across. Hylton was in plenty of space but still did well to generate power and head the ball past two Mansfield men on the line for his seventh of the season."

Twitter stuff
11' Kenny picks out Maguire who has roamed into midfield. He backheels to Roofe whose off behind to his left, but it's too quick 0-0
13' Kenny makes a run down the wing which is well received by U's fans, but he just slips over the ball and loses it. 0-0
14' The game is gaining tempo now as Kenny covers Mullins and brings the ball away from Blair. 0-0
31' GOOOOOAAAALLLLLLLLL - Danny HYLTON! 1-1 Maguire picked out Hylton who turned superbly and played out wide. Kenny’s ball back in found Hylton to head home 1-1
39' Maguire's ball out wide to Kenny is strong. Kenny plays forward for MacDonald who does the work and crosses in. Headed clear 1-1
53' Great work out of the middle to Kenny out wide - he drills a flat ball low across the area but Mansfield clear. 1-1
61' Kenny appears from nowhere on the byline to put a seemingly lost ball back into the area. Roofe connects with a high leg 1-1
65' Ismail is immediately called into action with a ball from Kenny, before breaking into the middle and creating a chance 1-1
76' Kenny works inside his man. Sercombe is fouled inches outside the area by Clements. Free kick - U's 2-1
81' Kenny keeps his cool as he clears in the area with Benning running at him. 2-1
85' Throw in for the U's 5 yards inside the byline in front of the South Stand. Kenny takes to Roofe, who runs, turns, fires,SAVED 2-1

Random fan comments
"Kenny played very well, good to see him getting forward."

League Two
Oxford Utd - Jonjoe Kenny played whole match in 2-2 home draw with promotion rivals Mansfield. Voted MoM.

OS Match Report
"It came down the right where Jonjoe Kenny galloped forward and skipped past his man before clipping the ball across. Hylton was in plenty of space but still did well to generate power and head the ball past two Mansfield men on the line for his seventh of the season."

Twitter stuff
11' Kenny picks out Maguire who has roamed into midfield. He backheels to Roofe whose off behind to his left, but it's too quick 0-0
13' Kenny makes a run down the wing which is well received by U's fans, but he just slips over the ball and loses it. 0-0
14' The game is gaining tempo now as Kenny covers Mullins and brings the ball away from Blair. 0-0
31' GOOOOOAAAALLLLLLLLL - Danny HYLTON! 1-1 Maguire picked out Hylton who turned superbly and played out wide. Kenny’s ball back in found Hylton to head home 1-1
39' Maguire's ball out wide to Kenny is strong. Kenny plays forward for MacDonald who does the work and crosses in. Headed clear 1-1
53' Great work out of the middle to Kenny out wide - he drills a flat ball low across the area but Mansfield clear. 1-1
61' Kenny appears from nowhere on the byline to put a seemingly lost ball back into the area. Roofe connects with a high leg 1-1
65' Ismail is immediately called into action with a ball from Kenny, before breaking into the middle and creating a chance 1-1
76' Kenny works inside his man. Sercombe is fouled inches outside the area by Clements. Free kick - U's 2-1
81' Kenny keeps his cool as he clears in the area with Benning running at him. 2-1
85' Throw in for the U's 5 yards inside the byline in front of the South Stand. Kenny takes to Roofe, who runs, turns, fires,SAVED 2-1

Random fan comments
"Kenny played very well, good to see him getting forward."

Really have high hopes for Kenny, of all the positions in the first team squad, the rb spot is the one without any real obstacle ahead of it for a young player to come through, hopefully he has a great loan and pre season and comes on leaps and bounds for next season

Really have high hopes for Kenny, of all the positions in the first team squad, the rb spot is the one without any real obstacle ahead of it for a young player to come through, hopefully he has a great loan and pre season and comes on leaps and bounds for next season

hes definately playing at least one level too low at the minute. get him out on loan to a decent championship team next season then ready to challenge coleman for his spot the season after.

At 18 , 19 later this season, Kenny's age needs to be factored in . You have to assume that Martinez does not see him as anywhere near ready to be even on the bench for us yet .For RB , Holgate was cover on the bench once or twice, Oviedo has played there, Pennington has covered, Browning before his injury, we've brought in the as yet to be proved Mattioni and made an unsuccessful bid for a 22 year old Championship RB. And I'm fine with that , it gives Kenny time to develop properly at his own pace, and if we're patient he'll easily be worth £4 mill at 22 , or whatever we were willing to play for the Leeds guy who's name I've now forgotten. I do worry that with the amount of money even a careful club like ours have , we are more likely than ever to buy players in, - would a young Tony Hibbert be given as much chance to develop in today's set up?

Kenny has a nice maturity about him,and you would believe that he's one of those who will continual to knuckle down and not go off the rail. His ability to play CB , despite his short stature, his attacking play and defensive ability are well known. But he also posses a great ability to pass the ball 30 or 40 yds . There is a clip from a few years back of England U18s playing , I watched it because Callum Connolly scores two goals in it, Kenny is I think playing Defensive midfield probably along side Ledson, when he gets the ball and then clips it 40 yds into a forwards path. Very impressive, and possibly not something he's been able to use too much ar RB but he's got it. I'm also less worried about his lack of height and slight stature now. He's about 1/2 to 1 inch smaller than Coleman and actually bigger than Baines according to the stats. And with modern training methods it shouldn't be difficult adding more physicality to his frame where needed.

At 18 , 19 later this season, Kenny's age needs to be factored in . You have to assume that Martinez does not see him as anywhere near ready to be even on the bench for us yet .For RB , Holgate was cover on the bench once or twice, Oviedo has played there, Pennington has covered, Browning before his injury, we've brought in the as yet to be proved Mattioni and made an unsuccessful bid for a 22 year old Championship RB. And I'm fine with that , it gives Kenny time to develop properly at his own pace, and if we're patient he'll easily be worth £4 mill at 22 , or whatever we were willing to play for the Leeds guy who's name I've now forgotten. I do worry that with the amount of money even a careful club like ours have , we are more likely than ever to buy players in, - would a young Tony Hibbert be given as much chance to develop in today's set up?

Kenny has a nice maturity about him,and you would believe that he's one of those who will continual to knuckle down and not go off the rail. His ability to play CB , despite his short stature, his attacking play and defensive ability are well known. But he also posses a great ability to pass the ball 30 or 40 yds . There is a clip from a few years back of England U18s playing , I watched it because Callum Connolly scores two goals in it, Kenny is I think playing Defensive midfield probably along side Ledson, when he gets the ball and then clips it 40 yds into a forwards path. Very impressive, and possibly not something he's been able to use too much ar RB but he's got it. I'm also less worried about his lack of height and slight stature now. He's about 1/2 to 1 inch smaller than Coleman and actually bigger than Baines according to the stats. And with modern training methods it shouldn't be difficult adding more physicality to his frame where needed.

at 18 theres a chance he could still have a bit more growing to do though it probably not likely to be much

In this country, and maybe particularly at Everton, we push players for first team football way too long.

It is really unusual for 18 year olds to be playing first team football, particularly in defensive positions. Most people don't stop growing until 20.

A lot of the wonderkids who fade to obscurity are those who were massivley ahead in physical development (Hallam Hope comes to mind).

We might not see any of our current crop of 18 year olds for another 2-3 years in the first team.

http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Imp...28716862-detail/story.html?platform=hootsuite

Impressive form of Everton midfielder Liam Walsh at Yeovil Town has surprised even his manager

By Western Gazette - Yeovil | Posted: February 11, 2016

LIAM Walsh has made an instant impact at Yeovil Townsince arriving from Everton.

The 18-year-old has started all six of the Glovers' matches since being signed on an initial one-month loan on January 6 and as a result of those performances that has now been extended until March.

It's a deal that Yeovil manager Darren Way is delighted to have secured.

"I think he has made a great impact on the football club as a whole and shows a tenacity about him," Way said.

"He has been at Everton since he was five years old and moving to Yeovil when you've been at a Premier League club can be a shock, but he has carried his responsibility like a man and credit to him."

Way is clearly pleased with the form of the midfielder and admits that even he didn't expect Walsh to play quite such a key role for his team when he first arrived in South Somerset from Goodison Park.

"I think it has surprised everyone," the 36-year-old said.

"For him to be one of my first signings I had to make sure it was right and I spoke to a few people I trusted and when I saw him he had the sort of attributes I look for in a midfielder. I got this one right.

"Credit to Everton as well for bringing their players up in such a way."

Walsh has the backing of his teammates as well, with fellow midfielder Matty Dolan - who plays alongside the youngster in the centre of the park - expressing how important it is that the Toffees man has extended his stay at Huish Park.

"It's massive for the club," Dolan said.

"He has been a credit to himself since he came in. Yeovil have given him the experience and he is repaying that with his performances.

"He's a top quality player and is really highly thought of at Everton."

Walsh's long-term ambition will of course be to become a first team regular for his parent club and Way believes that is a realistic prospect for the teenager because he - along with fellow loanee Connor Roberts, who is with the Glovers on a temporary spell from Swansea City - have the right work ethic.

When asked if he thought the midfield starlet could make it at the top he said: "Yes, but I have to be careful about what I say. I said the same about [former Swans loanee] Josh Sheehan and it will be interesting to see where he goes next.

"It's not easy to stay at a club like Yeovil and all credit to Connor Roberts because he has trained every day and played every day and showed the personality it will take to keep this club up.

"That's not easy. The easy thing is to go back and play under-21s football, but they have stood up to the plate and decided it is the right environment to be in and so far those two players [Walsh and Roberts] are thriving off it."

Status
Not open for further replies.