Everton players nickname thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't like about nicknames is that I sometimes have no idea who they're talking about when posters here use them. Someone referred to a
current player as Dixie in something I read yesterday. There's no one in the squad who comes close to deserving that nickname.

If we already have Keano then this needs to be changed to Keaneo leaving scope fir Kean-no-e.

This probably works better in the written form than shouted from the stands or in pub discussion.

Also - is the b silent in Gbamin? A chant of "Gamin show us the way, Gamin Gamin show us the way" would tickle me.

....always think it odd when Reds fans use nicknames or Christian names as a matter of fact when they talk about their players. It’s as though they know them personally. Very kopite.

I much prefer the formal surname, except for DCL which is easy to abbreviate although some may prefer DCHell.
Maybe its to do with success. You have more regard for your players who actually win things. Back in the day they all had nicknames. Big Nev Ratters Psycho Badger Sheeds Sharpy Inchy.

Maybe its to do with success. You have more regard for your players who actually win things. Back in the day they all had nicknames. Big Nev Ratters Psycho Badger Sheeds Sharpy Inchy.

....but you wouldn’t refer to them as such in general conversation, especially with Reds supporters. And they have always been the same, even through the barren times.

Last edited:

Us Aussies are good at this:

Picky
Coley
Keaney
Deany
Meeny
Delphy
Siggy
Gomey
Bammy
Richy
Berny

Sorted.
I think I got most of these - is "Sorted" Mason Holgate because of the time he sorted out Firmino?

FA-Cup-3rd-round-Merseyside-Derby-Liverpool-vs-Everton-at-Anfield-Photo-by-Colin-Lane.jpg

Put all your nickname suggestions in here, and await approval or the full vitriol of your GOT brothers.

Let's kick off with the new boys:

Delph - 'Sicknote' obviously
Iwobi - struggling with this one, Wobes is naff and Iwobe One Kinobi is too long.
Gbamin - Gammy lad
Kean - we've already got a Keano

All help welcome.

Good grief lol

Status
Not open for further replies.