Everton Ladies Stand Purposely Set Alight

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ll find these scum and I've just had a tenner on it being a 38 year old living in his mar‘s box room with a life size Jurgen cardboard cut out who knocks one out abar 6 times a day because 6 times is their thing.

Causation and correlation are not one and the same thing. I'm not saying that football rivalry may not have been a motive, but right now it's pure conjecture.

There have been Liverpool players who've had their houses targeted and in the vast majority cases their wealth has been the primary motive.
This, it’s a dangerous precedent to immediately go to football rivalries when things like this happen. It’s just basic scumbag thuggery either from kids who arguably should know better or wannabe gangsters who most definitely should know better

I’d hope, if they deem the ground unsuitable for Wednesday’s game, that the club offer the use of Goodison or it gets moved to Haig Avenue just so the season doesn’t get disrupted by another postponement

I'd imagine it was probably a small group of divvy kids who are 1) moronic bellends who think their mad and 2) seen an Everton badge and thought to themselves it would be funny to burn the bitters stand down

Hopefully there's CCTV in the ground
I'm sure the chief superintendent of Merseyside has this in hand and is already making the necessary arrest as we speak. YMCA, :hayee:

The country is going - sorry- has gone down the pan. This sort of thing was the obvious consequence (to teachers) of trendily turning against corporal punishment in schools, in the 80s to now you can't even shout at a kid to tell them off without some cry arse bleeding heart alleging you'd give the kid done anxiety or stress issue. Couple that with the Tories decimating the police and the litigious money grabbers loading those left with red tape and its a perfect storm. The UK will soon be like Lord of the Flies. Reason has been replaced by the pseudo-reason of stupid well meaning people who get their opinions heard through social media and it normalises bad thinking. You question it and they have an excuse card to play that they learned off somebody else's social media output.

Discipline and self discipline are no longer held up as virtues- they are things of the past, along with good behaviour and an appreciation of consequences. I'm just glad I'm old enough that I'll likely have fallen off my perch before we go full on Mad Max.

It could have been so much worst as well as bad as that is, as the wind around that time was not as strong as its been now, and before that.

The country is going - sorry- has gone down the pan. This sort of thing was the obvious consequence (to teachers) of trendily turning against corporal punishment in schools, in the 80s to now you can't even shout at a kid to tell them off without some cry arse bleeding heart alleging you'd give the kid done anxiety or stress issue.
To the best of my recollections, there was mindless arson in the 80s, 90s; well, it was actually present in the 70s and most likely earlier too.

May all be coincidence, but put this together with death threats for an Everton and armed robberies at the family homes of the Everton manager and another player... is Liverpool really this dangerous in general?

It is rather a gang of teenage or younger bell ends being stupid, and more than likely RS.

The country is going - sorry- has gone down the pan. This sort of thing was the obvious consequence (to teachers) of trendily turning against corporal punishment in schools, in the 80s to now you can't even shout at a kid to tell them off without some cry arse bleeding heart alleging you'd give the kid done anxiety or stress issue. Couple that with the Tories decimating the police and the litigious money grabbers loading those left with red tape and its a perfect storm. The UK will soon be like Lord of the Flies. Reason has been replaced by the pseudo-reason of stupid well meaning people who get their opinions heard through social media and it normalises bad thinking. You question it and they have an excuse card to play that they learned off somebody else's social media output.

Discipline and self discipline are no longer held up as virtues- they are things of the past, along with good behaviour and an appreciation of consequences. I'm just glad I'm old enough that I'll likely have fallen off my perch before we go full on Mad Max.

No it is not the country it is certain elements of the population.

No it is not the country it is certain elements of the population.
I'm sure you're right.

One thing covid has opened my eyes to is the sheer number of utter morons there are out there, showing their ignorance through social media and being apparently proud of it. I've lost a lot of respect for the public.

That's full on Daily Mail BS. Teaching kids it's alright to use violence to control people means that's the only lesson they'll learn from it. Liverpool was left to economically starve by the Tories and this kind of behaviour happens in places where people don't feel like they've got a stake in their environment.

That's full on Daily Mail BS. Teaching kids it's alright to use violence to control people means that's the only lesson they'll learn from it. Liverpool was left to economically starve by the Tories and this kind of behaviour happens in places where people don't feel like they've got a stake in their environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.