Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difference in they have the squad and depth to manage tough run ins and set backs. We don’t. We’ll have to run our players into the ground now for the rest of the season with the squad as it is.
Oh we deffo need to bring in other options up front. We were short beforehand, in quality if not numbers. Now we're short in both.

But people are assuming all these other teams are going to improve and we're not. There's no justification for that. Apart from City all these other teams are having bad results against teams they should be beating

We are inconsistent because carlo doesn't have a settled balanced side , hence the switching around of players from back to front. Summer will help that going forward but we have been found short in key areas.
Can't argue with that. My issue is the assumption that all these other teams will stop having poor results and performances and we won't. Maybe Liverpool have gone through their blip but I can easily see the others continuing to slip up.

Exactly. It’s not about having x player or y player to get us into the CL/Europa really, it’s about having a squad with some depth and quality, capable of stepping in when our other players get injured. It’s all well and good saying the other lads were crap and didn’t get minutes anyways but look at our bench now, there’s nothing there, so we go into the second half of the season praying for no injuries otherwise it’s a case of more squared pegs in round holes. It’s not ideal at all.
Perfectly rational viewpoint. My rant was aimed more at those who are yelling “kiss goodbye to the top 4!” as if that was a genuine possibility with or without a backup striker.

If we finish mid-table, it won’t be because we failed to sign anyone in January it’s because that’s pretty much where our squad sits in the scheme of things and Carlo hasn’t been able to keep them punching above their weight.

We got 4 players in the summer who are pretty much all first team regulars in the current setup. Repeat that in the coming summer and we’ve almost remodelled our first XI in two years. That’s not nothing, yet people on here mouth off like we’re missing transfer opportunities left, right and centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.