Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense really if we get Zirkzee.
Back up for DCL.
Great prospects.
Very much like the Kean deal, which unfortunately didn't work out, but no reason why we shouldn't try again!
I'm happy if it goes through.

I see what you mean with the Kean deal as we bought him to play for us, but if we manage to sell him for a substantial fee I’d say that was as success. Albeit not the type we were initially going for. It’s been a shame with him as he looked really poor for us, but has looked very sharp from what I have seen of him in France.

It’s not a bad business model if you still add quality players who are ready as well as the prospects, who either come good or you can sell on.

Re Zirkzee....what is the work permit position on signing uncapped European youngsters post Brexit?
Wont the same rules apply to a Dutch player as would to say an Argentine player?

Re Zirkzee....what is the work permit position on signing uncapped European youngsters post Brexit?
Wont the same rules apply to a Dutch player as would to say an Argentine player?
I don’t think it would be a issue, I believe U21 players need 10 points - the fact Bayern get through to the groups in the CL pretty much guarantee’s him getting that, plus he’s a youth international for the Netherlands which gives him a bunch of points too

Yeah I’d think so. But then watford bought an uncapped Richarlison in so there must be some clause on potential

Surprised people are writing off the Kean deal already as 'not working out'.

I mean it hasn't yet. But we've given him a flavour of the prem and then sent him out on loan to bang some goals, get some confidence, and develop his game alongside some of the best in the world. Is very much playing the DCL role at PSG, sticking to the penalty area and whatnot. Think he'll quickly become second/third choice there now that Icardi is back.

Ancelotti has said that we have no intention of selling him at the end of the loan. Could be like a new signing if he comes back in next year firing on all cylinders. Obviously a player who needs to be happy and confident to perform and I hold out some hope of him doing a job for us in the future. Has all the attributes to score goals regularly in the prem.

Thought Ancelotti was open to selling him :

“First we have to look at the desire of the player,” the Everton manager said. “If the player wants to stay at PSG then of course the two clubs have to sit at the table to talk about this, and we are open to talk.

“The club is open to talk if PSG wants to sign Moise Keane, who is doing really well in this moment.”

Surprised people are writing off the Kean deal already as 'not working out'.

I mean it hasn't yet. But we've given him a flavour of the prem and then sent him out on loan to bang some goals, get some confidence, and develop his game alongside some of the best in the world. Is very much playing the DCL role at PSG, sticking to the penalty area and whatnot. Think he'll quickly become second/third choice there now that Icardi is back.

Ancelotti has said that we have no intention of selling him at the end of the loan. Could be like a new signing if he comes back in next year firing on all cylinders. Obviously a player who needs to be happy and confident to perform and I hold out some hope of him doing a job for us in the future. Has all the attributes to score goals regularly in the prem.

Kean is done. He doesn't currently have the qualities we need and were clearly not going to wait for him to develop them.

He also doesn't seem to want to be here.

I still think Alphonse Areola would be a nice signing. Seems to do well wherever he goes but never really given a proper chance at PSG. Was under serious consideration to be the Real Madrid No.1 ahead of Courtois at one point. Apparently Fulham have an option to buy in the summer, so he's clearly available.

I see what you mean with the Kean deal as we bought him to play for us, but if we manage to sell him for a substantial fee I’d say that was as success. Albeit not the type we were initially going for. It’s been a shame with him as he looked really poor for us, but has looked very sharp from what I have seen of him in France.

It’s not a bad business model if you still add quality players who are ready as well as the prospects, who either come good or you can sell on.
Yeh, when I say the Kean deal didn't work out I don't mean from a financial point of view I mean from a footballing point of view.
I was ecstatic when we bought him, I thought he was going to be the next big thing after MBappe (he may still be) but it just hasn't happened for him here and he is obviously much happier where he is.
If for some reason he stays with us then great, he may turn things round, but I can't see it. I think this deal for Zirkzee means he's off.
But financially it's going to be a big success I think.
If we sell him we should make a decent profit (you can't always say that) or if we let him go with a sell on clause even better.
And if we do get Zirkzee we get a player with similar potential in a similar position.
It's worth a shot!

How do you know ?
He's Keyser Frickin' Soze....
Richarlison is our back up striker, we were just unlucky that both were not fit, plus, we won the game against Wolves. I'd rather not waste money. Our squad is decent and versatile.
Then we end up with 2nd choice at CF and LW! We need a dependable CF Starter/Backup
If Bernard leaves think we will replace him?
No. More time for Gordon pls. Still think he offers as much as Bernard does, and will only get better.
They were one of the first on the Ancelotti talks I recall (and similarly people called bollocks on that then as well lol)
Tbf, the most reliable source in the world could have told me that and I would have called bollocks!! :eek: :D

Yeh, when I say the Kean deal didn't work out I don't mean from a financial point of view I mean from a footballing point of view.
I was ecstatic when we bought him, I thought he was going to be the next big thing after MBappe (he may still be) but it just hasn't happened for him here and he is obviously much happier where he is.
If for some reason he stays with us then great, he may turn things round, but I can't see it. I think this deal for Zirkzee means he's off.
But financially it's going to be a big success I think.
If we sell him we should make a decent profit (you can't always say that) or if we let him go with a sell on clause even better.
And if we do get Zirkzee we get a player with similar potential in a similar position.
It's worth a shot!
Not sure we'll make that much profit on him tbh. Maybe a bit, but not what I would call 'significant'. If he can be happy here my pref would still be for him to come back tho.

I still think Alphonse Areola would be a nice signing. Seems to do well wherever he goes but never really given a proper chance at PSG. Was under serious consideration to be the Real Madrid No.1 ahead of Courtois at one point. Apparently Fulham have an option to buy in the summer, so he's clearly available.
Bit of a tit apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.