Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if we can do 5 pieces of business (in or out) in this window then I’ll be happy.

If that means 5 out and 0 in then our squad will be thin on the ground but the players most likely to go are already offering no more than someone we could promote from the youth ranks and would set us up for a good summer of being able to freely go after players without worrying about the dead weight we need to shift first.

Ideally it would be 3 in and 2 out though and push the purging of high earning dross to the summer and instead try to take advantage of the crazy season we are seeing

Mariano Diaz and Jovic are both said to be available from Real. What would be impossible about getting one of them in to help rotate with DCL?

Thats fine but weve got 5 centre forwards on the books.

Think we need to sell one or two before signing any more.

Im disappointed only Pennington has gone, we need to move on a huge number of players eating away wages.

Apparently West ham have been offered patson daka for £25 million.....he's basically haalands replacement at rb salzburg for those that haven't heard of him. Ive only seen him play a few times but at £25 million I wouldnt mind him at Everton. He's very fast and can finish.
That is not what we are about you absolute kopite. Does he look like he is running tru sludge? If not, he aint coming here

And there are no other options, right? If there are literally no other option in football than Josh King, I agree, we should sign him.
Since we know there are always options, we should not sign Josh King is what you are saying. And you are correct.

People moan about Josh King because he’s championship quality and we’d be wasting yet more money and wages on an average player that we can’t shift.

Just because he’s better than Tosun is not a reason to buy someone

I, too, am not Cenk Tosun

Is this like the anti-Spartacus?

Just by way of saying that if not-Tosun is the criterion for picking someone up, I'm available, on a free.

Seriously- Tosun was a panic buy of Sam's when we were afraid of going down. Now we're stuck with a sub-par player at a high wage.

Anyone we get in this window will be the same kind of thing. We'll be stuck with whoever we bring in for awhile.

I'm leery of bringing anyone in under those terms.

King doesn't thrill me, but he's a PL veteran, he knows the drill, he was ok on some poor Bournemouth teams. He's a big dude and strong, can play the same style as DCL so we wouldn't have to change up our best attacking formation

If he won't command a high wage I'd be ok with it to have another body to spell DCL, until we can get real help at striker, either by bringing Kean back (ha) or getting someone suitable over the summer.

Thats fine but weve got 5 centre forwards on the books.

Think we need to sell one or two before signing any more.

Im disappointed only Pennington has gone, we need to move on a huge number of players eating away wages.

5? What?

Status
Not open for further replies.