Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its obviously paper talk but thats my thinking regarding King.

He isnt top drawer
He isn't going to get you 10+ goals a season

But as a back up striker / squad player - if he can come off the bench and run at tiring opposition / nick a goal here and there then its an upgrade on Toshun who literally jogs around doing nothing.

Lets not forget Utd were looking at King before they signed Ighalo - one thing Utd get right more often than not is their attacking players / forwards.
I’m not a Tocsun fan, but he did score yesterday, had another disallowed for a marginal decision and had at least one other chance.

Im not convinced King would offer anything different.

The team have to be better at creating chances. That’s the biggest issue for me.

I do think we need a second striker though, but if we go for him we’d probably be stuck with him for three years.

I’d go for a right back because it’s a real problem area. Max Aaron’s would improve our first eleven immediately.

I’m not a Tocsun fan, but he did score yesterday, had another disallowed for a marginal decision and had at least one other chance.

Im not convinced King would offer anything different.

The team have to be better at creating chances. That’s the biggest issue for me.

I do think we need a second striker though, but if we go for him we’d probably be stuck with him for three years.

I’d go for a right back because it’s a real problem area. Max Aaron’s would improve our first eleven immediately.

For me it all comes down to funds.

If signing Josh King for say £8 million allows you to sign Celik for £22 million it makes more sense than signing a back up forward for £20 million who "may" be better than King but leaves us with no funds to bolster the RB position.

For me RW, RB & back up CF is needed imo and really could do with another CM.

For me it all comes down to funds.

If signing Josh King for say £8 million allows you to sign Celik for £22 million it makes more sense than signing a back up forward for £20 million who "may" be better than King but leaves us with no funds to bolster the RB position.

For me RW, RB & back up CF is needed imo and really could do with another CM.

Fully agree but it appears nothing is moving, if we dont sign anyone in this window we will not finish in the top 6. We will be lucky to be top 8 without playing the BFS defensive style we have seen more recently in PL games

The logic of King improving us if Kenny went the other makes sense, but then you realise he hasn't scored a goal in 8 apps in the Championship this year (and only six last year in the Prem).

Even our follically challenged current back up striker would bag goals in the championship.

Would have taken king at the start of the season but not so much now. Would have offered some short term cover that may have been useful this year but I’d want better bringing in in the summer so seems a bit pointless now.

Moan about Brands signing duff players

Wants Everton to sign Josh King

giphy.gif

There are so many names bandied about it is unbelievable. But what I do not understand is we named a set squad to the Pl/FA so how can we bring any new player/s in. Does it not mean someone has to come out of the squad to make room? How can we manage that?
I think each team submits 2 lists during the season, the 2nd is an updated list after the Jan transfer market. Not 100% on that and not sure of the date either but sometime in Feb I think. Otherwise teams couldn't play their recent additions.

Move for Josh King being mooted by a number of outlets with a swap deal for Kenny or branthwaite. Seems strange as he is out of contract in the summer.

I assume it would either be Branthwaite or kenny on loan but with no loan fee and Bournemouth not paying any of the wages. Or and the most likely option would be that its a load of bull.

I will be massively surprised if we get in a 29 soon too be 30 year old bench warmer who apparently wants close to 100k a week and a 3 year deal.

Bourmouth would be a good move for Kenny. I can see the sense if we got King on a swap for him. Still think it was stupid to send Mosie out on loan though and we wouldn't be short up front, but there you go. It might enable us to unload Tosun and we could come out in the black deal wise and balance the squad a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.