Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s quite clear we need a back up striker to DCL but in my opinion to get this team working we need 2 positions filling in the first 11 this window.

Firstly. An out and out defensive midfielder. Hear me out with this one. I think we need an out and out defensive midfielder to partner Doucoure and Allan (when he returns). Doucoure needs to be used further up the field (his goal today a prime example) and although Allan is a great tackler of the ball, he can often come out of position to try and win the ball higher up the field. I think someone in the mould of what we had in Gueye would allow Allan to go looking for the ball further up the field, he’s also not bad at distributing the ball (see ball to Richarlison vs Burnley). Neither Gomes or Davies are the answer for me. And with James back and a our right back needing to offer the width down that side I think someone to sit back is needed.

A new attacking right back. Simple really, James needs someone going on the outside to allow him to drift inwards. Coleman’s career is winding down and I think we need to fill this position sooner rather than later.
Agreed, a proper holding mid with legs who passes forward and a flying right back.
Guru

Quite evident from yesterday that we still need a decent midfielder, an attacking RB and a forward who can slot.
Wouldn’t mind seeing Trippier playing in Royal Blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.