Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting how many of our dross players who are out of contract over the coming 6-18 months

6 months left on contract
Walcott
Bolasie
Besic
Pennington

18 months left on contract
Toshun
Siggurdsson
Bernard
Delph

Going to be a bog squad rebuild required over the next 2-3 windows.

Interesting how many of our dross players who are out of contract over the coming 6-18 months

Walcott
Bolasie
Besic
Pennington

Toshun
Siggurdsson
Bernard
Delph

The sad part of that list is only one of those is in my mind could be considered a first team player if he was playing at his motivated best. And even then I think most of us would get shot of Iceland if someone dropped £15m on our laps.

that’s a lot of weekly wage spaffed on bench & stand seat warmers.

Walcott
Bolasie
Besic
Pennington

Toshun
Siggurdsson
Bernard
Delph

Yes but only one of that lot is ever actually on the pitch...

Unless we spend mega money in this window (or the summer, is prefer this window given how tight the league is) with Carlo still as manager we're always going to be in need of 6 players.

It's a cycle that'll continue every season and the only way to get out of it is to spend huge.

But that won't happen and this will continue for years and years and years.

It’s quite clear we need a back up striker to DCL but in my opinion to get this team working we need 2 positions filling in the first 11 this window.

Firstly. An out and out defensive midfielder. Hear me out with this one. I think we need an out and out defensive midfielder to partner Doucoure and Allan (when he returns). Doucoure needs to be used further up the field (his goal today a prime example) and although Allan is a great tackler of the ball, he can often come out of position to try and win the ball higher up the field. I think someone in the mould of what we had in Gueye would allow Allan to go looking for the ball further up the field, he’s also not bad at distributing the ball (see ball to Richarlison vs Burnley). Neither Gomes or Davies are the answer for me. And with James back and a our right back needing to offer the width down that side I think someone to sit back is needed.

A new attacking right back. Simple really, James needs someone going on the outside to allow him to drift inwards. Coleman’s career is winding down and I think we need to fill this position sooner rather than later.

If Carlo thinks that the players we have are sufficient to keep us in both the FA Cup and in a Champions League/Europe spot he really needs to be evaluated. Terrible terrible depth..

Status
Not open for further replies.