Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a bit lost but regardless of all that you can't sit here and say United aren't well better than us.

I mean they definitely should be, but still.

My point is more that they have spent an awful lot of money to be marginally ahead of us. So it's hardly a massive tick in the box for youth development. Theyve brought a couple through, as we have

Yeah I admit I got a little bit lost and was thinking they kind of uncovered a couple they spent a fair bit on.

No worries mate.

United are now where you would expect them to be, having given a manager 2 years to essentially build a team without enormous pressure of short termism.

If Liverpool and to a degree City begin to fall off a cliff with older squads, they are really well placed to capitalise.

Sadly the issue currently is we have a bloated squad, these players require a wage and they require a pathway.

So there's not really "room", its about making room, which will happen over the next few years.

With Carlo here we will probably target the ready-made, but Brands loves his little punts, hes done it all through his career, I see no reason why he wont start playing a bit more. We have also just come off the back of a transfer ban of sorts, sadly coupled with the new work permit rules, certain countries are now a bit off-limits. Whilst this might open up South America a bit more, our current main issue is shredding some garbo from the squad.

But my point is, we have tried, you just want to see more, but then its not like this League is an ideal breeding ground like for example DAS SPL, the Dutch and French league are. This league ain't for kids.

The issue is for those names mentioned, most got opportunities at a time when we went from being a side that was regularly top 6/7 to one that wasnt. The two things are linked.

A few clubs, in a few countries are able to blood youngsters while maintaining peak performance. It's not been done in England for 20 years. The closest is probably Southampton to what European teams do. It's a brutal league for young players as theres not let up or easy games. Look at Havertz and Werner this season.

You either are a club who are a feeder club, like Southampton, or you think like winners. The appointment of Ancelotti has been the crystallization of that move from one to another for us.

There are pros and cons if course. But I'll be frank, I enjoy us sitting level 4th, winning most weeks, over having one of the youngest squads and selling lads on (as mentioned above) as we did under the likes of Silva and Martinez.

Brands will provide some balance on Ancelotti too. Godfrey, Brainthwaite and Nkounkou signed with hopefully Gordon breaking through. If we can sell 2 of the above on, for 50-100m then weve paid for Ancelottis short termism. So theres nuance in the shift too. However Ancelotti is not giving anyone a game just because they are young. He wants to win.

Kean - £31m

Can't see the club doing that especially because they have a loan fee from PSG for the season and PSG have just installed Poch as manager so I'd expect they will wait until the loan is up and negotiate then.

If we do sell, it's £35m plus 20% sell on MINIMUM.

I'd say throw money at Grealish but I know villa will never let him go. We should be raiding Norwich for max Aaron's and Cantwell

There was a time to buy Grealish when he was in the championship with Villa. This isn’t the time to buy him. He’s good but he’s not that good. I mean he’s only just started to get into a really poor England midfield, yet he’d probably go for a fee that could buy you a top international who plays at a CL club (if you could convince them to join). I think he’d move to a CL team anyway but it’s interesting that none have made a move for him.

It’s a wish list but a sensible window would see:

Davies Bernard Kean out and three players in their positions in. One probably being Khedira, then hopefully a right winger and striker. We turn an FFP profit and improve the squad.

Kean = £something over 31m + 6 month loan for Idrissa Gana Gueye. Fills that gap whilst Allan and Gbamin come good.
Gana plays like 18 games this season. Not a exactly a player they want rid other than some poo stories made up by someone.

It’s a wish list but a sensible window would see:

Davies Bernard Kean out and three players in their positions in. One probably being Khedira, then hopefully a right winger and striker. We turn an FFP profit and improve the squad.
For me at least Davies is a lot more useful than Delph because he's available more often and Sigurdsson because he fits more naturally into a 4-3-3. So I'd prefer keeping Davies and moving those first.

Plus despite playing a ton of matches Davies is still 22. It isn't unheard of for players to figure it out at this point. I don't think he's got the technique for it but who knows.

The issue is for those names mentioned, most got opportunities at a time when we went from being a side that was regularly top 6/7 to one that wasnt. The two things are linked.

A few clubs, in a few countries are able to blood youngsters while maintaining peak performance. It's not been done in England for 20 years. The closest is probably Southampton to what European teams do. It's a brutal league for young players as theres not let up or easy games. Look at Havertz and Werner this season.

You either are a club who are a feeder club, like Southampton, or you think like winners. The appointment of Ancelotti has been the crystallization of that move from one to another for us.

There are pros and cons if course. But I'll be frank, I enjoy us sitting level 4th, winning most weeks, over having one of the youngest squads and selling lads on (as mentioned above) as we did under the likes of Silva and Martinez.

Brands will provide some balance on Ancelotti too. Godfrey, Brainthwaite and Nkounkou signed with hopefully Gordon breaking through. If we can sell 2 of the above on, for 50-100m then weve paid for Ancelottis short termism. So theres nuance in the shift too. However Ancelotti is not giving anyone a game just because they are young. He wants to win.

I'd say the prem isn't the league to develop unknown youngsters. Too much money and fickle fanbases all across the board

Status
Not open for further replies.