Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we refused to develop them. They're both good enough to play for us so they'd have been successes.

Not really trying to have this argument. My point is that I thought we'd get 2-3 lesser known players with room to grow coming in per year and so far Brands has basically done 1 a year. Which puts a lot of pressure on those dudes to break through.
They refused to be devolped.

Brands under 23's
Richarlison 35m
Mina 27m
Iwobi 27m
Kean 25m
Gbamin 23m
Branthwaite 700k
Nkounkou 700k
Godfrey 23m
Again I'm not looking at spending 20m on someone who has played 30 games in the PL already. I'm talking about being the team that brings Richarlison to Europe for example.

Again I'm not looking at spending 20m on someone who has played 30 games in the PL already. I'm talking about being the team that brings Richarlison to Europe for example.

But surely you can see, we are not looking to be that sort of experimental team? I mean I understand why you want us to be that, but it's not what the owner, manager and the club want us to be.

We have also done that a fair bit, with Godfrey, Nkounkou and Brainthwaite in the last 12 months. But there are limits. We are not going to full RB Leipzig it.

But surely you can see, we are not looking to be that sort of experimental team? I mean I understand why you want us to be that, but it's not what the owner, manager and the club want us to be.

We have also done that a fair bit, with Godfrey, Nkounkou and Brainthwaite in the last 12 months. But there are limits. We are not going to full RB Leipzig it.
Godfrey doesn't count.

And I'm not saying necessarily sign them and play them constantly. Just have those talents that could break through and become depth. People hate Davies but he's a useful player to have as an example.

I was only counting players not playing regularly in top class teams. So I wasn't really putting Richarlison, Kean, etc. in. It was more about uncovering talent. Vlasic, Lookman and DCL is an impressive two year haul.

Brands has done well with Nkounkou and Branthwaite but too early too tell. It's a fairly high bar.

This, Walsh had an eye for a young player.

Don’t know if I can quote it but the Watford Observer did a piece on Richarlisons Work Permit. It didn’t look like anyone was confident. Sometimes these things happen. Found here:

Status
Not open for further replies.