Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priorities for me would be a proper 'number 8' midfielder as I don't think Gomes offers anywhere near enough - I've mentioned Szosozblai before and he'd be my preference. No idea how difficult he would be to get, mind.

A right back - I'd be looking at Lamptey from Brighton.

And a striker as competition / backup for DCL - possibly Edouard from Celtic.

Tried not to go to football hipster with those shouts there. And I realise we're unlikely to spend as much as this in January, but it'd be nice to strengthen from a position of strength for once.

That's the type of number 8 we need, though Szosozblai does look a real talent.

There's a reason Bielsa wanted De Paul and that's because he's a bloody good player. Wouldn't be surprised to see him at Juve, mind.

Whether that's a priority for us in January is up for debate. Can't see us signing more than one player, unless a loan option came up, and that priority needs to be a forward.

If money is an issue then Isco & Milik would be a big step up from Gomes & Tosun.

Probably get the two combined for less than £30 million.

I think we need 3/4 players over the next two windows.

Right back - JJK isn’t the solution to replace an aging Coleman who I fear will pick up niggles more often now despite looking great this year. Suggestion: Max Aarons - still at Norwich so an option.

CM - Gomes just frustrates me every time he plays. We need someone high energy who can free up the rest of the team. Suggestion: Gana Gueye - he knows the club, tries his hardest and we might have some leverage with the Kean situation.

Striker - Tosun again is not the long term backup to DCL. We need someone who can either do the same job as DCL or come on from the bench and do something different. Suggestion: Alexander Isak - highly rated at one point but now at Socieded. I still think there is a player in there and Ancelotti could bring it out of him. Socieded are not the biggest club and may take a lower than expected offer.

Winger: losing richy for several weeks highlighted how poor we are in this area outside our first choice. Ideally we want a tricky winger who could play either side. Suggestion: the previous Leon Bailey links make him an obvious thought but perhaps Brands’ Dutch links might help us attract another young prospect like Stengs.

Status
Not open for further replies.