Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not a moot point, its two well known examples of players whose values are decreasing -- whose contracts arent up. There will be numerous players in the same situation...im really not sure how you came to your point that no ones values drop unless theyre out of contract soon.

Also, not sure why we wouldnt be in for either unless were going to totally change tact and aim for 29+ year olds and not invest in younger high potential players.

Additionally, im amazed youre jumping on the bandwagon to add more players in January.

We'll surely only do that in each of the following two summers -- unless we can unload most of these:

6 Expiring 2021
Bolasie
Besic
Pennington
Connolly
Bowler
Olsen

10 Expiring 2022
James (1 year option)
Sigurdsson
Bernard
Tosun
Delph
Coleman
Kenny
Lossl
Baningime
Gibson

why would their value drop? Surely as they get better - if they’re on longish deals - then their value will only be higher in the middle of the season?

why would their value drop? Surely as they get better - if they’re on longish deals - then their value will only be higher in the middle of the season?

Ask Koeman on Puig and Rennes on Camavinga.

One isnt getting games and the others' buyers dont seem to be there.

It will be the same all over. I cant see Richarlison going either as the 2 big spanish clubs dont have the cash -- but in our case we dont need to drop our asking price.

Others dont have the same luxury.

I know some on here are convinced by a few better performances from Keane... I still think we need a proper CB. At least one leader who's dominant & aggressive. Those ManU goals were embarrassing.

I was never one of Keane's biggest fans mate but it's been more than a few better performances, he's been consistently good for a while now (I know the Man U game was bad but Holgate was as much to blame as Keane) and he's our best centre - half at this moment in time and it looks like Carlo sees it that way as well.

It will be the same all over. I cant see Richarlison going either as the 2 big spanish clubs dont have the cash -- but in our case we dont need to drop our asking price.

Maybe because Camavinga is only 17? Are Rennes in any rush to sell???

I’ve not seen enough of Puig to judge. But the priority (if we have enough for one signing in January) has to be a forward

I was never one of Keane's biggest fans mate but it's been more than a few better performances, he's been consistently good for a while now (I know the Man U game was bad but Holgate was as much to blame as Keane) and he's our best centre - half at this moment in time and it looks like Carlo sees it that way as well.

I wish I could agree. I'd say he's done OK against soft opposition. He's a ball watcher. Never attacks it. I'm crap at remembering games, but I think it was Wolves where they pinged a long ball. Keane ran alongside his man while he watch the ball & just gave his man time to take it down on his chest & slot it. He's a soft touch. No aggression whatsoever. No awareness of where his man is or sense to get his body in between man & ball. He's no John Terry that's for sure.

I wish I could agree. I'd say he's done OK against soft opposition. He's a ball watcher. Never attacks it. I'm crap at remembering games, but I think it was Wolves where they pinged a long ball. Keane ran alongside his man while he watch the ball & just gave his man time to take it down on his chest & slot it. He's a soft touch. No aggression whatsoever. No awareness of where his man is or sense to get his body in between man & ball. He's no John Terry that's for sure.
I don’t see him or Mina as first choice next season

I think there is a mistake in every game Keane has played this season, but he has got away with most of them, plus he has scored three goals which pleases and higher his performances with a few fans, as for our best centre back, Holgate is just coming back and Godfrey is yet to show what he can, and will, do in that position.

I think there is a mistake in every game Keane has played this season, but he has got away with most of them, plus he has scored three goals which pleases and higher his performances with a few fans, as for our best centre back, Holgate is just coming back and Godfrey is yet to show what he can, and will, do in that position.

A fully fit Holgate is deffo our best centre - half, it looks like Carlo see's him and Keane as his first choice partnership.

A fully fit Holgate is deffo our best centre - half, it looks like Carlo see's him and Keane as his first choice partnership.
Holgates has one very good season at this level, still not proven. Godfrey similar, tough to judge as a defender in the worst team in the league.

Keane isn’t good enough long term or Mina imo. I can see Another CB being brought in next summer.

Camavinga is fantasy talk, but I would like to see us get some young talent on loan like we used to.

The real question is would we be a better team with Gana playing in this system instead of Siggy/Gomes? I think the answer is obvious. He was there for the taking for a small fee or even just on loan... Could have slotted in next to Allan with Doucoure pushed further up. Instead we have this mess of an unbalanced team...

Status
Not open for further replies.