Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inclined to agree really. I do think having the option between 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 would help out a lot and, for me, that's dependent on getting a quality RW and a playmaking CM to be able to make both systems work. It's not as if playing the 3 in midfield is stopping us from conceding for fun anyway so may as well subsidise with more attacking/forwarding-thinking quality in the side. We have enough defensive-minded players at the club now in my opinion so we simply need to make the current crop work.
I read that last 3 words as "current crap work" and was nodding my head. Then I realized what you wrote and it made me sad.

Yeah, why would Richarlison need to move right? Leave him alone and get someone else on the right.

because we have nobody else suited to playing on that side?
Gordon is a central player really, but is best cutting in on his right. Bernard isn’t really effective on that side.

the only current alternative in the squad is Iwobi, and he’s poor when he starts games more of them than not.

I know some on here are convinced by a few better performances from Keane... I still think we need a proper CB. At least one leader who's dominant & aggressive. Those ManU goals were embarrassing.

Carlo will get who he wants in jan.
If they could afford to get a player in January then they should have got him in the last week of October, Matty

The price would probably have been less, unless Carlo wants Josh King (which I don’t think he would do)

Whenever I watch City these days, I wonder if Bernardo Silva could be tempted by the prospect of playing every minute of every game, and in his best position.

Wouldn't have even considered it before Ancelotti and Rodriguez, but now I think it's somewhat possible.

Whenever I watch City these days, I wonder if Bernardo Silva could be tempted by the prospect of playing every minute of every game, and in his best position.

Wouldn't have even considered it before Ancelotti and Rodriguez, but now I think it's somewhat possible.
There were some stories during the summer that he wanted to leave due to being on the bench a lot, i think he is a great player, the only thing is i reckon he would want Euro football of sorts.

There were some stories during the summer that he wanted to leave due to being on the bench a lot, i think he is a great player, the only thing is i reckon he would want Euro football of sorts.
He should have been named Player of the Year when Guardiola won his second title, and he played centrally because of de Bruyne's injury.

No idea why he's been on the fringes since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.