Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why did no one buy big this window, most teams seemed to be looking to sell, loan players out. Teams have a lot less money with no crowds, it's biting most teams throughout the world. I would have loved a nice big new shiny striker, so would most of us, hopefully we can get that in the Summer.
I cannot see banks lending money to football clubs to spend on players
Plus with El clubs looking for bailouts from the Government ,and PL clubs not prepared to help out ,spending 500m or so on new players would not help the PL case in any way
Every club is suffering
Every PL club has more outs than ins this window

That's considerably more than a stretch. Walcott was a modern professional, yes.... but his contribution was inconsistent at the very best. He certainly wasn't delivering performances up to the standard needed to justify his wage.
Richarlison has hardly justified his wage for the whole of this season,and has not been the same player since he returned from his scoring trip with Brazil. Its very rarely possible to 'justify' what pro footballers are paid,for example not many of them could do what you or I do, and we probably do what we do for considerably less money. Its all relative.In my profession I know people who because of their great natural talent and skill at delivering that talent, are worth what they sometimes get paid, but sometimes people with less ability are on more or the same money !!

Richarlison has hardly justified his wage for the whole of this season,and has not been the same player since he returned from his scoring trip with Brazil. Its very rarely possible to 'justify' what pro footballers are paid,for example not many of them could do what you or I do, and we probably do what we do for considerably less money. Its all relative.In my profession I know people who because of their great natural talent and skill at delivering that talent, are worth what they sometimes get paid, but sometimes people with less ability are on more or the same money !!
All very true.

But if Walcott and Richarlison are on roughly the same wage, then one of them has been better value for money so far in their Everton careers...

Since arriving at Everton (stats from transfermarkt):

Richarlison - 98 appearances, 7,774 minutes, 35 goals, 8 assists (16 yellows, 2 reds)

Walcott - 85 appearances, 4,872 minutes, 11 goals, 9 assists (4 yellows, 0 reds)

I don't see how you're reaching a conclusion that Walcott is somehow unfairly maligned. If he was on half the money Richarlison was on then he'd be in the squad, but sadly he is one of our highest earners. The fact is he doesn't deliver anything like enough to justify his wage and he's too old to warrant being given any leeway in the name of player development. That's why he's been loaned out and that's why we've turned to Josh King, who is younger, reported to be on a lower wage and will (based on his career to date) probably score five goals and make five assists in the next 20 games.

I think Tammy Abraham would be a great player to have to help ease the burden on DCL. He doesn’t get much game time at Chelsea since giroud and Werner overtook him. He has great aerial ability and shooting ability. I know frank lampard was a big admirer but now he’s been sacked tuchel may try to bring his own players in and Abraham may not be in his plans. I accept that because he is young and English there may be a premium price on his head and Chelsea will probably not sell for less than 40-50 mil but I think he is worth it.
someone is stalking me

If Sheffield United get relegated do you think sander berge could be a decent squad player to have?

Wonder why we're not interested in Ajer, Norwegian lad from Celtic if we're looking for a CB.

Odouard could be worth a shot as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.