Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little unfair. Kean got some goals but couldn't settle, he's still a young lad, and while he was here Walcott was the ultimate professional and always contributed .People had it in for him because like Tosun, he was a Big Sam signing. Do you think Richarlison has been 'useful' this season?
That's considerably more than a stretch. Walcott was a modern professional, yes.... but his contribution was inconsistent at the very best. He certainly wasn't delivering performances up to the standard needed to justify his wage.

That's considerably more than a stretch. Walcott was a modern professional, yes.... but his contribution was inconsistent at the very best. He certainly wasn't delivering performances up to the standard needed to justify his wage.
I think you'll find that the whole team has been inconsistent for quite a few years.Why pick on Walcott. He played when called upon, put a shift in, supported Coleman more than most that we've played in front of the skipper and usually kept the opposing full back watchful at least. And he's played well most of the time for Southampton. But of course, in Evertonians eyes,he was a Big Sam signing so he can't have been any good.

I think you'll find that the whole team has been inconsistent for quite a few years.Why pick on Walcott. He played when called upon, put a shift in, supported Coleman more than most that we've played in front of the skipper and usually kept the opposing full back watchful at least. And he's played well most of the time for Southampton. But of course, in Evertonians eyes,he was a Big Sam signing so he can't have been any good.
Oh dear.

Why pick on Walcott? Because he was one of the highest earners at the club. If he's playing no better than anyone else but getting paid more than 3/4 of his colleagues, that's a reason to pick on him - he's underperforming, both against expectations and against the mean average of the squad.

As for putting a shift in, supporting Coleman and keeping opposing fullbacks watchful (??)... we let him go on loan, put Iwobi in instead and haven't missed Walcott in the least.

He's gone, he's never coming back and in five years everyone will have forgotten him. Sorry to be the one to have to tell you this.

Hope we see him back. Thought/hope he would make it here. And if he's not back with us, pound to a penny he will return to bite us in the butt
I never understood how his career stalled so badly after a very promising start. I saw him as the heir to gana. I read he's had lots of injuries but I'm not sure that's the full story. Make or break for him now with his contract up in 2022

It's not great but the summer was. Allan, James and Doucoure were fantastic signings. January is always difficult. If anything I actually have more confidence in brands and co after today. Sounds weird, but we haven't gone out and spunked a load of money on garbage that we then have to spend ththe next 3 years trying to bin off. We will be in a much better position to go after genuine targets in the summer because of the work we've done over the last few windows. The frustrating bit is we are so close to doing something special this season and who knows, a couple of quality additions may have pushed us up a gear this season. Whether the players were available is another question.
This is the important bit
No one has spent money this window
Even the scum only bough a mickey mouse CB and a loan CB
VIRGIN hurting his knee has really upset them

I hope he genuinely wants to play for us and isn’t just here for a pay day. If it’s the latter he won’t be any more useful than Kean and Walcott
He has a 6 month contract
He has probably doubled his wages if not more
If he does not perform when on the pitch he wont get a new deal of us or any other PL club
He will then be back to the championship on 25k a week
I daresay he wants to do well for his financial security
This is his last chance to set himself and his family up for life

I appreciate the edgy intent in your post mate but I have already said I am not a scout, I don't get paid to go around looking for talent. I could've offered us Josh King at the start of January though, everyone knew he was available but we waited and wasted x amount of games and end up with a striker who hasn't scored a league goal in the division below.
He allegedly wanted a 3 and a half year deal on 135k a week in early January
He got a 6 month deal and probably 60k a week in late January
That's why we waited

Status
Not open for further replies.