Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of whether (like me) you think Lingard is crap, West Ham have shown they are serious about making a challenge for a European place by being creative in the market.

They couldn't loan him without making their deal for Benrahma permanent, so they sorted that then brought in Lingard to strengthen their midfield.

We are seemingly sat with our heads in the sand repeating "We won't get any more injuries, we won't get any more injuries, we won't get any more injuries" yet with absolutely no plan in place for when the injuries inevitably come.

I can see West Ham comfortably finishing above us because they've actually ensured they have a squad, whereas we have about 7 good players and the rest wouldn't get into any side above us because the difference in quality between our good players and those in the next bracket down is so big.

We've literally got about 7 top six players, and the rest of the squad is made up of relegation fodder or below players.

£26m for Benrahma is outrageous, he’s absolutely turd. Imagine this place if we’d lashed that money on him and then brought Jesse Lingard in on loan.

I can’t see us getting anyone in unless we sell and that doesn’t see that happening. We are stint unfortunately. To many high earnings slackers
We have moved Bolasie, Lossl and Tosun off the payroll in the last five days. That's at least £150k a week off the wage bill straight away. Rumours abound of cash offers for JJK and Bernard too: if they materialise then that's £10m+ in transfer fees and another £100k per week off the payroll.

We are effectively having a fire sale to shed as many high-earning slackers as possible and doing it well enough that we are starting to run out of fit senior players.

Final day of the window is always good to start scouting lol. Can't wait to panic buy Andy Carroll
Or, Brands and the scouts have had the feelers out for months, keeping a tight lid on any news leaking out. In the last week or so, as our interest has solidified, some rumours are starting to surface.

Hard to fathom why you think that the fact an internet "ITK" posting about our supposed transfer targets in the final day of the window means that we only started looking yesterday. To me it says we are now much better at restricting the flow of information out of the club.

Regardless of our lack of depth in certain positions and the terrible bench yesterday, I'll be surprised if anyone comes in before tomorrow evening.

I fear your right and for me that would be an admission that our ambition is to scrape Europe if possible but it certainly wouldn't be a challenge for Europe with any degree of certainty or conviction.

The bench we had yesterday was absolutely abysmal. Literally if the first 11 aren't performing well we are screwed as there's absolutely nothing to change it up.

It would be gross negligence to not get someone in but I fear its too late now anyway.

£26m for Benrahma is outrageous, he’s absolutely turd. Imagine this place if we’d lashed that money on him and then brought Jesse Lingard in on loan.
But they play better football than us, we always look so disjointed, we have for years. I’ve always thought it was the managers fault, but we have one of the best now and it’s still the same. Thinking back it was when Lukaku was here we looked much less disjointed, how I miss him here DCL tries his best but he ain’t no Lukaku.

SURELY, we have made enquiries already if we were actively touting our entire bench out?! We have been turd for about 5 weeks, the thought they would just weaken the squad further and do nothing is beyond comprehension.
The only way we can move on it’s to get rid of Tosun,Bernard,Besic to start with, I wish someone would come in for Sigs and Gomes as I can’t see them being pushed out yet. I’d keep Davies and Iwobi as back ups as they do atleast try. some players have just stagnated here and the only answer now is the move them on, Sigs is the worst always looks uninterested and lazy.

I'm surprised we haven't been linked with more James style players ie top players Carlo knows from big clubs who currently need to be playing but aren't. Surely Barca and Madrid want to shift some of these characters. I'd like to see us do a Turkish Tosun on them!

It would be gross negligence to not get someone in but I fear its too late now anyway.
I'm not even sure if that'll be the main driving force behind not capturing anyone, rather they'd prefer to wait until the summer when prices are more sensible.

While we've moved Tosun's and Bolasie's wages off the books for a while, we won't have generated any income from their loan deals, so it'd only allow loans.

Bernard being sold would be the only real positive as that could generate some funds for an acquisition.

I'm surprised we haven't been linked with more James style players ie top players Carlo knows from big clubs who currently need to be playing but aren't. Surely Barca and Madrid want to shift some of these characters. I'd like to see us do a Turkish Tosun on them!

I think wages are the issue. I always remember way back at an old AGM they said the model would be to pay higher fees but lower wages for younger players. It’s a much safer approach than risky ageing former stars who still demand £100k+ p/w.

I think wages are the issue. I always remember way back at an old AGM they said the model would be to pay higher fees but lower wages for younger players. It’s a much safer approach that risky ageing former stars who still demand £100k+ p/w.
Fortunately, we must have just freed about 300k from the weekly bill

I'm not even sure if that'll be the main driving force behind not capturing anyone, rather they'd prefer to wait until the summer when prices are more sensible.

While we've moved Tosun's and Bolasie's wages off the books for a while, we won't have generated any income from their loan deals, so it'd only allow loans.

Bernard being sold would be the only real positive as that could generate some funds for an acquisition.

Hopefully we sell Kenny as well Phil and along with Bernard maybe that give us 8-12m. Not sure if that buys us a footballers right leg these days and I'd certainly rather not be taking it down to the last day.

But if we don't buy anyone we are resigning ourselves to a 7th-11th place finish and hoping we win the FA Cup. There simply isn't the depth in the squad to be able to do any better.

Fortunately, we must have just freed about 300k from the weekly bill

Yeh which was vital and there’s more to go. Whilst younger players don’t always work out their wages aren’t as much of a drain and it is so much easier to flog them if necessary.

Think it’s pertinent to note the only real money we’ve made last few years has been selling players like Vlasic, Lookman, Klaassen etc. (Gana our star player being the outlier).

Status
Not open for further replies.