Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for me mate - Utd game was criminal defending by him and Keane.

Got to give Godfrey a go at CB considering we splurged £25 million spondooleys on him
I'd like to see us move to Godfrey and Holgate eventually, you don't need a stopper as much these days only for set pieces and both are decent in the air and crucially have pace/good on the ball. I think Holgate will come good with games putting him straight back in was a mistake.

I'd like to see us move to Godfrey and Holgate eventually, you don't need a stopper as much these days only for set pieces and both are decent in the air and crucially have pace/good on the ball. I think Holgate will come good with games putting him straight back in was a mistake.

For me I think like Keane & Mina that Godfrey and Holgate are too similiar to be partnered together.

Whilst we would defend a lot better against pace & play a higher line we would get bullied aerially and from set pieces (also offer little threat attacking set plays) whereas Keane and Mina are big threats aerially and can defend well from balls into the box but both too slow to defend against pace/play a higher line.

Status
Not open for further replies.